Oregon RV Park-positive review

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
This last weekend was our first trip out for the year. We kind of decided to go at the last minute so our usual close park was already full. That sent Mark on the search for another park close enough that we could get there after I got home from school.

He found Riverpark RV Resort. Resort is kind of a stretch, but it is a nice little park right on the Rogue River outside Grants Pass, OR. Only 47 sites and you can tell it is an older park, but they have worked to keep it up and make improvements.

The park is covered by mature trees and the sites have been well maintained grass with cement pads. Our site looked out the back window right on the river. The owners were nice to deal with and always around if we had a question or wanted directions to a good restaurant. We found one of those too if you are ever there. It was quiet and didn't seem to be a park that would attract lots of kids. It is a vacation park though. There are no residential places in there, maybe a couple of long terms, but no permanent residents.

We have already made reservations for the weekend after Memorial Day since we plan to be in that area for the Dogs For The Deaf Dog Walk. Turns out it was good we made the reservations then since they were almost full for that weekend.

Kristy

Crumgater

Thanks for the review! I always wonder with some of these parks that are close to the highway/interstate how load the road noise is. "Quiet" is always something I like to read in an RV park review!

The park is at about the half-way point to my sister's place... we might have to try it out!
-Tina

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I didn't do that Bob. I didn't even think about it.

Tina,
The park stays pretty busy during the spring and summer. You might want to make reservations to be sure to get a site the right size for your rig. That's one of the down sides of an older park even if it has been maintained. They didn't used to make the sites as big as some of us need them now.

Kristy

wdk450

Kristy:
Another great park that Deb and I found in the Grant's Pass area is a county park called "Indian Mary". It is on the river North of town, about 3 miles off the Interstate. Full hookups, secluded, reasonable prices (when we stayed there years ago), shady.

On EDIT: I do remember a short, steep ramp out of the park up to the county road, with a sudden uphill transition going out. I would wonder if long 5th wheels have taildragging problems there. We camped there in our previous class A.

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Yep. Indian Mary is a nice park, but I haven't been in there since we started RVing. I grew up in that part of the state so have been to lots of the local spots.

Kristy