What are these 2 switches for in our Bighorn 3070 RL?

browny

:confused:We just purchased a Big Horn 3070RL, when we did the walk through with a rep from Camping World where we purchased the unit, the rep went rather fast with the walk through, as he had another unit that was sold that he had a walk through imediately after ours. Obviously there a lot of things that we will have to learn the hard way, as there is not a owners manual that is exclusive to our unit. First off there are two switches in the bedroom, on the right side of the bed, near the cubby for cell phones or what have you, anyway we do not know what they operate, and the rep didn't know when asked either. Anyone that may have an idea what these two switches operate, would be a be big help.

Last edited:

jimtoo

Re: Big Horn 3070 RL Purchase

Hi browny,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The rep should have taken the time to go over everything with you. You should have inspected and learned to operate everything from drains to TV. I'm sure they have more than one person to help with a PDI.

But the Heartland family is here to help. I'm sure someone with a unit like yours will jump in soon. As a guess,,,turn on stero,, sound system,,, and try the switches. Most units do have a couple of switches to turn on and off speakers in the bedroom.

If you look at the "Tools" area above you will find lots of owners manuals and there is no owners manual specific to each model.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi browny,

As Jim mentioned, we've got lots of manuals in that section of the forum. We're also creating some owner-written user guides and troubleshooting guides that you may find useful as they provide quite a bit more information than the official manual.

guyc66

This is just a guess, but those switches may operate ceiling mounted speakers for the stereo system.

donr827

We have a 2013 Bighorn and like Guy said there are switches to turn the speakers in the bedroom on or off.
Don

ParkIt

That would be nice to have a speaker switch instead of having to go all the way back to the main unit. Glad you got it figured out....it took myself, the dealer tower on the phone to the PDI department to find where the bedroom light switch was.

We felt kinda stupid once we found it but it is at an odd spot.

DocFather

Hi browny,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The rep should have taken the time to go over everything with you. You should have inspected and learned to operate everything from drains to TV. I'm sure they have more than one person to help with a PDI.

But the Heartland family is here to help. I'm sure someone with a unit like yours will jump in soon. As a guess,,,turn on stero,, sound system,,, and try the switches. Most units do have a couple of switches to turn on and off speakers in the bedroom.

If you look at the "Tools" area above you will find lots of owners manuals and there is no owners manual specific to each model.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Jim, I so agree. I will not mention where I purchased my '14 4100 3 weeks ago, but it was a young man who did my "walk-through" that the salesperson really plugged as a selling point, complete with video made into a DVD. He rushed though everything and was more interested in selling me a bunch of "extras" such as slider covers, vent covers, surge protector and tank hoses. I realize all those things are important, but I still have no clues as to what some switches operate (I am getting answers on this Forum already). I can't even get my Lippert Auto Level system to level anything (I think it was never "calibrated.) Anyway - ya spend 10's of thousands of dollars and they don;t show you how to use it. Sad experience but I will get it. Sorry, I had to comment on this and not contribute to the thread.

jimtoo

Hey DocFather,

Great that you put your two cents in also. The forum is here to help one another, so if you need help, just ask and some of our Heartland family will jump in to help.

I'm sure as time goes by you will gain knowledge of repairs and then you will post your answers to help someone else.

Jim M