Suggestion for toting those little green propane canisters

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey all,

Came up with this idea for toting those little propane canisters used to run your outdoor grill. Since we empty our basement each time after a trip, I came up with this to store and carry our tanks. Use a soft-sided, padded lunch bag. This one holds two, nicely. I labeled it, and use a velcro strap around one of the tanks, to keep them from clanking together. Easy to carry, protected from knocking or banging.

IMG_0060.jpgIMG_0061.jpg

Crumgater

Have you tried to make the aux-propane connection work on the ElkRidge?

We thought about it, but I think our grill is too big. :) I think we needed some additional hardware on the grill, too (to remove duplicate pressure regulation).

I'm wondering if it would work nicely to replace the smaller canisters, though...?

travis_g

I bought the SS grill from Camping World that works with the aux connection. I set it up and it worked but I have to crawl in the basement to install the extra framing it says the mounting rail requires.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I was looking at getting a small 5 gallon refillable tank for the Gill - I really dislike the through away tanks ... it seems like such a waste.

I looked at them last year and did not pull the trigger - I just kept using my 20gal tank ...

Maybe this year I'll "down size"

Kevin

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Have you tried to make the aux-propane connection work on the ElkRidge?

We thought about it, but I think our grill is too big. :) I think we needed some additional hardware on the grill, too (to remove duplicate pressure regulation).

I'm wondering if it would work nicely to replace the smaller canisters, though...?

We had a little grill we received when we bought our North Trail, that did work with the aux propane. Unfortunately, it was stolen when someone broke into our basement storage at our RV storage lot.

When we decided on a new grill, we went with the O-Grill 2000. Love the grill, and don't mind the canisters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have 2 choices to replace the canisters. One go with converter hose, male disposable on one end and POL or Qc11 on the other and just use a 5lb,10lb, you get the idea. Or if you want to hook up to your rv and use the same bbq, you have to plumb into the high pressure side of your propane system, ( between bottles and regulator). If you hook to the quick connector that comes on some rv's that is double low because vapor goes through two regulators and this takes a special bbq.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We quit using the little green canisters and got a 1/2 size Bar-b-q size (believe it is a 2 1/2 gal (lb?) size). It fits in a small bucket which doubles as our bucket if needed. Works great with a propane hose and lasts much longer than several green canisters. You can find them at Camping World.

pshootr

you can refill the 1 lbers very easily from a lber.all you need is the fill valve.available at cabelas,camping world.put the mt 1 lbers in freezer,turn 20 lber upside down with the fill valve attached,screw on 1 lber,open valve all the way n 20 lber and let it fill for 1 minute,then shut 20 lb valve and take your 1 lber off.should be 7/8 full.i fill them 5 times before I toss them.never had a problem safety wise..

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I bought a 10lb. refillable tank for our grill. I keep it in a plastic milk crate on the cart under the Weber Q200. When we're not at the rig, I use a bicycle cable lock to secure them to the underside of the living room slide. With the slight incline of our site, it rolls under the slide to keep them out of the weather.