DirecTV Power Inverter

lisntodd

Does it matter where the power inverter is installed for a DTV SWM? I was thinking I would install the inverter in the UDC and then run cable to a 2 way splitter then to the bedroom and living room prewired outlets in the UDC. Not sure if that will work or not.

Thanks!

danemayer

Hi lisntodd,

I have mine near the receiver, but I don't think it matters except that the power has to get to the LNB on the dish. In my case, I have a 4-way splitter in the UDC and the coax line that has the power from the living room has to be connected to position 1 on the splitter because that's the only position that passes power through.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have ours inside the cabinet in the living room because it's electronics, we didn't want it exposed to the weather plus that's where it's plugged into the power source. Because it's on one line, it feeds back to the swm splitter (we have the 4 way splitter) which then feeds our other 3 receivers.

Theresau

That is where Directv installed it on our BH. Works out well - there was one space left on the splitter so we ran a line to the baggage area and use this for the TV there.

Theresa

Does it matter where the power inverter is installed for a DTV SWM? I was thinking I would install the inverter in the UDC and then run cable to a 2 way splitter then to the bedroom and living room prewired outlets in the UDC. Not sure if that will work or not.

Thanks!