North Trail water pump location and winterizing

Good Day,

We just took delivery of our 33TBUD last week, and I'm trying to locate the water pump. I haven't really run any water through it to hear where it is when it's running.

I'm thinking far ahead into the future, and wondering where it is, and what is the best way to get the antifreeze through the lines for winter storage. Are there valves to switch off the lines to the water heater also?

Thanks,
Kevin.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kevin, Welcome to the Heartland family. I can't help with the pump but like you said, you haven't used it yet to hear it's location. There should be a winterizing line incorporated into the pumps plumbing lines so that should be easy enough. You might check the rear left corner of the bunk area. The pump may be under or in one of those cabinets. Is tere an outside storage door back there?

Thanks for the reply. Everyone here seems so helpful and friendly!

I've managed to run some water through the pump. It did sound like it was coming from the rear bunk area. It would make sense for it to be back that way, as it's closer to the holding tank. I didn't think i'd have to remove screws to gain access to the pump area. There is no outside storage except the "party centre/center" LOL.

danemayer

Hi Kevin,

If you don't locate it by the next time you have the unit in for service, ask them to show you the antifreeze valve and hose and the water heater bypass valves. They should have walked you through this when you took delivery.

We have some owner-written user and troubleshooting guides in the manuals section of the forum, with more on the way. Here's a link to the user guides, and a link to the troubleshooting guides. We might even get one on the trailer water systems before too long.

danemayer

Speaking of services...how often should you bring it back? Or just if you actually find a real issue?

You can bring it back as often as you want to pay the dealer's labor rate. :) Seriously, unless the dealer promised free inspections or other free services, you'd typically only go back for warranty repairs when something malfunctions. Or you might go back if there's something you want added at your cost, like slideout awnings or a bike rack.