Wired backup camera.

oscar

It's pretty well established that wired camera's work better than wireless, especially at 60 feet away.....

Has anyone wired a camera onto the back of a 4100 or equivalent? Is there a way to snake the wire inside from the middle top of the back to the bottom of the unit? Once I'm under I'm good to go....

n4cpu

Hi Oscar,

(I've been lurking on this forum for a long time and have learned a lot from you and others. It's about time I share some of what I've learned...)

I ordered a 7" wireless digital system from rvcams.com. Here's the model I ordered. The 7" model is currently on sale for a LOT less than the 5.6" model. Tim at RvCams.com is great to work with. I ordered this model based on recommendations from another area of the Heartland forum.

I have not yet had an opportunity to install on my 4100 but hope to as soon as I get a non-rainy Saturday. I'll post back once installed and let you know how it works. From what I understand, I'll pull power for the wireless cam from the middle running lights.

By the way, I love our 4100 which we picked up in early March.

jimtoo

Hi n4cpu,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum. the Heartland family is here to help as you have seen.

Thanks for pitching in your thoughts also.

Jim M

n4cpu

I installed my WVOS713 digital wireless backup camera today. I've not had a chance to tow with it yet but the image is crystal clear. For a cost of about $550 I don't see how you could go wrong with this unit.

I mounted the camera just below the clearance lights and above the rear awning on my 4100. I drew power from the center clearance lights. Installation was pretty simple.

vakthund

I have a wireless camera on my 3800 and I'm not very happy with it. It should fairly easy to put a wired camera in as there is a cable channel on the rear of the camper on the ODS side. Drop the ramp and you can see it on the left side. Putting in three wired cameras on camper is my summer project.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ken and Kathy did you order it with your new KL or did you add it later? Also what model is it? Since mine that I ordered from HL is no longer working, I will need to find one that does.

Our wireless Voyager works great on a 41 foot Landmark...

porthole

Retired
Hey Oscar - where are you with this?

I am in middle of doing mine now, 2 side cams and a double rear cam.
With the heat I have only been doing about 1 portion of the project a day :cool:

So far the truck is wired, two side cams wired and the wire run down to the rear of the trailer. Today's project is up to the roof.

Sure wish pipe chases were installed in these things from the factory!

Figured why I was at it, I am adding a 110 circuit for the ODS side of the garage at floor level. That outlet in the ceiling is just plain silly. This is also going to be an inverter powered circuit for my cooler and ice maker.

mbhardison

Hey Oscar - where are you with this?

I am in middle of doing mine now, 2 side cams and a double rear cam.
With the heat I have only been doing about 1 portion of the project a day :cool:

So far the truck is wired, two side cams wired and the wire run down to the rear of the trailer. Today's project is up to the roof.

Sure wish pipe chases were installed in these things from the factory!

Figured why I was at it, I am adding a 110 circuit for the ODS side of the garage at floor level. That outlet in the ceiling is just plain silly. This is also going to be an inverter powered circuit for my cooler and ice maker.

Which camera system did I you go with?

porthole

Retired
Not sure as to brands etc. It is a put together kit one of our members was selling at the Goshen rally.