Microwave Concerns - Chapter 2

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Same problem -- different perspective. I had a problem with my microwave (some of you will remember) a couple of weeks ago. No power to the unit but the turntable would rotate slowly. Same problem, but now that I've been looking for an issue with it, here is what I've found. When we went to Charleston from home (425 miles) the micro was not working. No lights, no clock, nothing except the turntable rotating slowly. Got it working and then moved from Charleston to Savannah (75 miles) with no problems. Plugged the camper in at new campground and micro worked as it should. Then traveled from Savannah back to Charleston staying at the same campground as before (two sites away from original site) and again, no problem. Came home couple of days ago and ended up with the same "no power at the microwave problem" only this time, I just unplugged the micro, waited 15 minutes and plugged it back in. Power and everything working as it should. Then yesterday, the whole neighborhood lost power. When it came back on about an hour later, micro was not working. Did the same unplug for 15 minutes and re-plug and everything is working fine. It's almost like there is a delay reset button that needs to kick in. If I unplug and immediately re-plug I do not have power. If I wait 10 or 15 minutes, then I have power. Any thoughts????

Jimmy

Sounds like you need to remove the receptacle and check the contacts for the wires, they are notorious for not making good contact, Especially when you have to bend the wire so tight to put it back in the wall. Good luck...