Garage door opening height?

MartyD

Hello everyone. First time here, just bought a CY3800 and am (not so) patiently waiting for it to be delivered. Here is my question. How tall is the rear door opening? I have a highly modified club car golf cart and am trying to be proactive. If I have to do something to be sure it will go in, I want to have it done before the camper gets here. Could anyone tell me the exact measurement? I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks a lot in advance. Marty.

jimtoo

Hi MartyD,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure someone will jump in soon with the measurement you need.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
You should have an 8' door. Do you have the drop down bunks? That is where you will have the height issue.

MartyD

I do have the drop down bunks. Looking at pics, that def looks like the place I may have a problem. If anyone could lay a tape between the L shaped brackets that support the lower bed/seats and the floor, that would be great. Top of the golfcart roof is 6 foot 9 inches. I will modify if needed but only as far as needed. Thanks for the response. Marty.

MartyD

MartyD

The distance between floor and bracket on the bunk is 79". Hope this helps.

Well definitely good info, but doesn't help. lol golf cart seems to be about 2 inches taller than the bottom bed. Oh well I will get it lowered, the top anyway, so it will fit in the garage. Thanks.

MartyD

Definitely don't want to loose the lower bed. I think I will just modify the top or just take the top off before I load it up and reinstall it at the campground. Thanks for the help.

MartyD

Ok next measurment question. The distance between the two brackets? How far apart are they, and how tall is the floor to the bottom of the bunk, not counting the bracket?

FiremanBill

On my 3110 the distance between the bottom seat brackets is 43". That gives 81" clearance between them due to the center seat posts. If you removed them the clearance to the bottom of the seat is 82".

MartyD

Oh yea, that is what I was looking for. Top on cart is only 40" wide so that will fit, and it is 81" tall at the tallest spot so that will fit as well. Thanks alot Bill. That is def good news. Alittle over one more week and it will be here. Wife and I are getting very excited. Can't wait!!!

FiremanBill

Awesome! Glad I could help.:D You are going to LOVE IT! I just got back off my first big road trip with ours. Put over 1400 miles on it and had a blast. Can't hardly wait til the end of the month and our next trip.:cool: