Good or bad, we ordered a new 390 today

Linc

My wife and I just ordered a new 390 today. So I guess we will take the plunge into the 5th wheel world. Don't know if it is right for us or not but when we do something we go all out. First time we took a trip in our airplane we flew from Michigan to Jackson Hole Wyoming. Yes, across Lake Michigan. But that is the way we do it. No testing the water to see if it is fine. We don't have enough sense to try it, we just do it. I think we will have a great time taking our Harley around the country but I have not figured out how we incorporate the airplane it any of this. I guess we fly in the winter when the bike is in the hog house. At least it is a new experience.

jimtoo

Welcome to the family of Heartlanders. You will meet lots of great folks and make friends for a life time by attending some of the rallies when your on the road.

Enjoy the Road Warrior and if you need help, just ask.

Jim M

Linc

We were able to examine the coach at Lake Shore RV in Muskegon, MI. I like the layout but we are having quit a few things done to it. My guess is that the things we are having done will not add to the resale of the unit and we are just throwing our money away if we look at it like that. On the other hand, we get what we want and don't intend to buy another new one anytime soon.

remoandiris

Are there cabinets above the kitchen sink? The lack of kitchen storage in the 2013 model is one reason we waited on 2014. The cabinets would limit visibility into the living area, but storage is important.

Linc

As you face the sink, to your right is a window with blinds. The window allows a good view of the slide out. So what they have done is remove the window and put a cabinet on that end of the bar. To your left is the pantry and they have increased that by three inches which would make it much more useful. They could make more use of the overhead but that is something I can do myself. We are also having a cabinet installed in the bathroom over the toilet because that is just wasted space. I don't like the fact that there is no coat closet anywhere in the coach. So I am going to see if the factory will install wainscoting in the garage area. That way I can put in coat hangars where I want them and not take up floor space with a closet.