Finding an overnite to Goshen, IN ...difficult. I-65 between Louisville and Columbus going North

GETnBYE

Anyone have any good overnite stop place you would like to share info on. I can only find a few on passport and most have bad reviews on rvparkreviews for the area.

When pulling in late at night we would just rather try to avoid surprises and not fun adventures. Also, would rather not find a place that is just won't work and then have to find something new on the fly.
Appreciate any of your favs...............we won't tell anyone. Promise.:angel:

olcoon

Have you thought about just staying in a Walmart parking lot along the way? I'm sure there would be one close to the highway somewhere along your route. I know some folks don't like/want to do that, but we've done it several times, works for us if the situation is right.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Nita - we are staying at a small campground between Louisville and Indianapolis called Columbus Woods-n-Waters Kampground (1-800-799-3928). There will be four of us meeting up there on Friday 14th and heading in to Goshen on Saturday as a group. Nathan & I figure it will take us about 7 hours from Decatur to Columbus. The campground was recommended by some of our other TN HL folks who stayed there the last couple of Goshen rallies on their way up. The website is http://www.columbuswoodsnwaters.com/.

kkamshop

If you all are staying at Woods n Waters, you are very close to our home... we will run over there Friday night and say hi!

Another campground in the area is at Ceraland, but it is farther off the interstate.
There is a Jellystone near Scottsburg and Deam Lake SRA is just south of Scottsburg as other options.

GETnBYE

To WDK 450, Bill, We will need to overnight, it will be a long haul and he has to work that day also. Thanks tho

GETnBYE

Nita - we are staying at a small campground between Louisville and Indianapolis called Columbus Woods-n-Waters Kampground (1-800-799-3928). There will be four of us meeting up there on Friday 14th and heading in to Goshen on Saturday as a group. Nathan & I figure it will take us about 7 hours from Decatur to Columbus. The campground was recommended by some of our other TN HL folks who stayed there the last couple of Goshen rallies on their way up. The website is http://www.columbuswoodsnwaters.com/.

Thanks so much! Wish we could be in the caravan, but it will be Sunday afternoon before we get moving. Look forward to seeing you there, thanks for the help. Nita

GETnBYE

If you all are staying at Woods n Waters, you are very close to our home... we will run over there Friday night and say hi!

Another campground in the area is at Ceraland, but it is farther off the interstate.
There is a Jellystone near Scottsburg and Deam Lake SRA is just south of Scottsburg as other options.

Thanks for the help, will put them in the line up and see how far he thinks he will be able to drive on Sunday night.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We stayed at Woods-N-Waters last year on our way to Knoxville. Only spent one night there, but it was good for us. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

HappyKayakers

I can't help you on a place to stay in that area but be very careful on I65. I just drove that section yesterday. There was a small bridge about 75-80 miles south of Indianapolis (per the highway signs). My BH looked like a bucking bronco in the rear view. I'm fairly certain that bridge sheared a pin in one of my leaf springs. I noticed a smoking tire at mm 95 and had to get the leaf spring repaired and get a new tire. Overall I've found the condition of I-65 terrible through Indiana.

Nabo

Wow sorry about the problem but really thank you for the heads up on the interstate condition. Will keep an eye out for that bridge.

Paul & Nan

Thanks for the heads up on I65 as we were looking on taking it on the way to the rally. Will route ourselves a different way not. Nan

VKTalley

I-65 from Kentucky state lines to Indianapolis has always been an interesting drive (We lived in Indy for 8 years). I agree with Nathan, keep an eye on road conditions and you will be fine. An alternative route is I-75 to Cincinnati, then switch to I-74 going towards Indianapolis.

ncc1701e

Of course Bryd, If you want an alternative that does not involve Louisville you can come my way. Nashville to Elkhart.jpg

Nabo

Thanks Tom - Not sure when you and Millie are planning to head in to Goshen but ya'll come on in when we do on Saturday. We plan on doing some touring of the area before the rally. Bobby/Linda Eanes, Jeff/Robin Jinks, & Shelia/Ron Brown are planning on the Saturday groupie trip to Goshen from Columbus. Jerry/Judy Winkle will already be there. Not sure on the arrival dates for Ken/Faye Hyde and Dick/Fran Bernard but they are also in our area.

ncc1701e

Well to be honest, we are suppose to be there on Saturday. I've been reading this post and just ask Millie about heading up through Louisville on Friday and joining the party. LOL. For me, it is about 40 miles further to go through Louisville, but offers an advantage of breaking up the trip and into a pair of shorter days. I would not recommend anything that takes someone through Cinci and I75 right now. Most everything north of Georgetown, KY to Dayton, OH has been under construction for a couple years and was through CInci last fall, a total nightmare.

Nabo

We had problems getting thru Cinci 2 years ago with construction, especially west side of town and glad we aren't coming from that way this time. The 2 rigs coming from east TN are going to Lexington to Louisville up to Columbus. It's a little out of their way (by about 30 minutes) but willing to do it since it's their 1st time to Goshen and would like to go in as a group. Ya'll are welcome to join in the fun.

VKTalley

We had problems getting thru Cinci 2 years ago with construction, especially west side of town and glad we aren't coming from that way this time. The 2 rigs coming from east TN are going to Lexington to Louisville up to Columbus. It's a little out of their way (by about 30 minutes) but willing to do it since it's their 1st time to Goshen and would like to go in as a group. Ya'll are welcome to join in the fun.

Hi Nathan and Byrd,

Who's rolling through Lexington and when are you planning on being in Columbus, IN? Word of caution, I-64 is a bit bumpy so make sure you have things tied down.

@ncc1701e, I-75 from Georgetown, KY, to Walton, KY, is finally pretty much finished (construction). Not sure about on north towards Cincy. Though it seems like I-75 is always under construction.

GETnBYE

Hope everyone will have time to post a traffic/road condition report after you all get to the rally for us slow pokes.