No cable - need to check connections

Marshda1

First connection to cable and not getting anything. The antenna amplifier switch is off (when it is on I do get a descent air signal). I set the TV to cable as far as I can tell and still nothing. Plan to run the cable through the window to check signal and TV setup this weekend. If that is OK, I will begin to check cable connections. I have a 2012 NT RSDS and very happy with it. Anybody have experience with possible connection locations and access points? Thanks.

danemayer

Hi Marshda1,

Sounds like you're doing everything right. Testing the cable direct to the TV is a good step. It's always possible that the RV park has a problem.

If it's a problem in the trailer, it's most likely a problem with one of the coax connectors; either a bad crimp, a loose connector, or a stray piece of the ground shield touching the center conductor.

Eddhuy

I had a problem first time out last weekend. Could not figure out what was wrong then a dim light came on in my head, why not connect directly to the television to see if there is signal from the park. There was not. That should have one of the first things I tested. A little slow on that one but all worked as expected after service was turned on in the park.

On another trailer, the cable and satellite cables were labeled backwards in the UDC, something else worth checking if you have both inputs.

Marshda1

Got it working - forgot to check the simple things first - my coax cable had a loose connection at the outside connection, when I went to tighten it the cable pulled loose. Now fixed and cable working now after channel scan. Thanks for the ideas, helped me to think it through to get it fixed.