Audio Visual

Vindex

We just bought a 2014 4100 HD. I would love to see them use modern technology. Ugrade to blueray vs. dvd in the living area and use HDMI cable instead of the RCA connectors to take advantage of the great tv. Not sure how I'm going to upgrade this on my own; howver, I"m sure it's going to be a pain given the cables seem to be run through the wall and under the sealed floor.

oscar

You can use the old cable to snake the new one..... yes it will take some doing but it's not impossible. I don't know if the player can be mounted any other way than "normal" but if so the other possibility is to put it in the cabinet above.

Nitehawk79

My plan is to install a new system and use an rf remote to control it...my 4100 should be here in a couple of hours...I am having it delivered..no TV, yet. Thinking about putting an HDMI hub in the basement...I will figure out fully so I can play XBOX on any television (need to install one in the garage).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scottyb

I am having it delivered..no TV, yet
Nitehawk79, welcome to the ever growing 4100 club. You are going to love it when you get past a few of these minor oversights.

That was probably a wise move. How much of a credit did they give you? This way you can add an up to date ultra slim TV instead of the 4" thick dinosaur that mine came with. It has to be at least 5 - 7 year old technology. The entire audio video system (DVD only) has been a real pet peave for me. Not to mention the mounting bracket that requires you to remove the fireplace to access the set screws. Maybe they changed some of these things for the 2014's.

alaska dodge

I thought the same about the audio/ video. I ran 2 HDMI's from the surround to the tv. I also added an hd coax to the surround sound area above the microwave for cable or sat.

Bill & Katherine

2013 Cyclone 4100
2012 Dodge Megacab 3500 Dually, 6.7L max tow

mixie57

Remove the fireplace? Really? I was wondering about that. We couldn't see or get behind the TV to plug in the HDMI cable because they mounted so close to the wall on the left side of the TV. We finally just shoved it to the right some (lots of metal on metal noise). I had tried calling the service dept. of the dealer but a they told us we should be able to swing out the TV. I assured them that was not possible. They said that the mount SHOULD be a swinging one. I asked if they understood that I was talking about the living room TV and not the bedroom TV. She said she would have the guy who installed it call us. He never did. I have been shopping for a different mount since. Very frustrating.

Nitehawk79

About the only thing I can tell that they did different was to add a cover over the switches by the front door. Yes they still have composite video from the DVD system to the tv. Found out that the bedroom jack where I planned on hooking up my satellite receiver is empty...guess they do that encase I want to add the dish to the roof. Talking to guy who sold me the unit about this he says we could have wired it for you, if we had known....I am a little slow but UDC there are connections for satellite so why would I think that they are only for the main tv and the garage...maybe the outside. This unit is awesome, just wish someone would visit a Best Buy or some other electronic store more than once every decade.

On another note there is a speaker on each side of the couch slide out are the remaining three above the cabinets that are above the tv?

One more thing while I am ranting (sorry) the drain valves not be labeled caused me to fill grey #1 fully...since I thought the left handle was for the black tank based on the order they put the labels on the door...on the bright side no leaks...