Be Careful With Your Gun

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I copied this from the RV Daily Report:

SALEM, Ore. -- The Statesman Journal reports that a man awakened by what he thought was a prowler accidentally shot himself in the jaw early Tuesday morning at Phoenix RV Park in Salem, the Marion County Sheriffs Office said.

The man and his wife live in an RV at the park.

Sometime before 4 a.m., Moore woke up to sounds outside of the RV. He told officials he armed himself with a .22 caliber rifle before he went to investigate. He allegedly tripped in the dark and shot himself in the jaw, writes the Statesman Journal.

The man's condition is unknown at this time after he was taken to a local hospital by his wife.

RuralPastor

I worked a similar case once. A guy accidentally shot himself in the head with a .22 caliber pistol after apparently hearing something outside. The battery on his cell phone was dead, so he stumbled around the house until he bled out. He was on liquid blood thinner, if you know what I mean. With weapons come responsibility. Be safe.

TXTiger

That is why the best safety on any gun is your finger. Don't put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to pull.

olcoon

Sounds like both of those guys broke several basic gun rules! If you are going to own a firearm, you MUST know & obey the basic gun rules. Tony when I taught Hunter Education, I used to tell the students that the only safety to trust is the one between your ears! I didn't mention that on "some" people that one doesn't work sometimes!!!:eek:

Jimmy

I think there could be more to this story... Like possibly a domestic dispute. Just saying....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
That is why we like our security camera that came with our coach. It shows the Door Side of the coach including the door.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Good to know Jim. I know where I can get a set of off door tires and wheels, probly lots of stuff in the off door side storage....lol