Night Lights for Interior Steps

ncc1701e

The steps on both our two Sundance coaches were dark. On this Sundance, I wanted something a little more than just a plug in nite-lite and since there was no plug in the hall it offered a nice little challenge. I added a switch and three single led's which are recessed in the wall. This makes it very convient for the wife to turn on and does not put anything pertruding out that will catch on clothes or such.

Leds - $15 for the set
Switch - $ (couple dollars at Camping world), don't really remember

Just a little time and done.

Attachments

• Hallway Leds Off.JPG
    Hallway Leds Off.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 294
  • Hallway LEDs On.JPG
    Hallway LEDs On.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 273

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nice idea (if you don't have a pocket door for the bathroom). My wife loves plug-in nightlights, though, so we keep one in an outlet under the side kitchen cablnet. Between it and the lights on the microwave, even a blind man could see the steps.

ncc1701e

Nice idea (if you don't have a pocket door for the bathroom). My wife loves plug-in nightlights, though, so we keep one in an outlet under the side kitchen cablnet. Between it and the lights on the microwave, even a blind man could see the steps.

There is a pocket door in that wall. Made running the wires fun.

ParkIt

Great idea! With ours I think we could go through the basement and no pocket door to deal with.
I'd thought about the small rope lights but not enough clearance between the step and drawer underneath, this would work much better.

rick_debbie_gallant

There is a light out there (led) that runs on battery's and is motion sensing. Battery's last all year. Just stick it on the wall. Easy breezy. Also works great ont the outside by the door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

sjs731

ncc1701e, can I ask where you got those lights? I've never seen any like that.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need something like that for the ouside steps. The way the porch light is covered by the door, it makes the steps really dark when you have the door open to go in.

Might try and wire up the clearance lights to the battery via 7-pin plug and use that, or try wiring in another clearance light where the steps are stowed while in motion.

Kevin.

ncc1701e

ncc1701e, can I ask where you got those lights? I've never seen any like that.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lights came in a set of four (4) individual LED's. I bought them from a local truck accessory shop. One that specializes in custom truck accessories. If I can remember where I put the last light, I might be able to find the brand name for you. I'll take a look tomorrow. I need to find the package anyway. The wife wants me to add some to the pantry shelves. The lights are really very bright at night and should work great in a dark panty.

ncc1701e

The brand name for the Led's is Streetglow. I have included a PDF sheet on the lights. The particular model I used was "ANLEWWH" ; 4 pack, white singles, LED. Here is also a link to the Steetglow Website: http://www.streetglow.com/ANLEDWH?sc=2&category=5840

I wired tall three to a single 2 amp fuse from the DC panel, to the switch, then to the high side of the LEDs. Biggest deal of the whole thing was getting some mounting adhesive points to keep the wires clear of that darn pocket door for the bathroom.

We had used one of those stick on lights that worked fairly well for me. However, the wife has vision issues and these things are much brighter and work great for her. I have a couple stick on lights in the pantry, but will be changing them out for a set of these LEDs also to make it easier for her. I've already added a LED light bar under the sink for the wife.

Good Luck

Tom

Attachments

• LED Singles.pdf
    259.7 KB · Views: 52

happykraut

The steps on both our two Sundance coaches were dark. On this Sundance, I wanted something a little more than just a plug in nite-lite and since there was no plug in the hall it offered a nice little challenge. I added a switch and three single led's which are recessed in the wall. This makes it very convient for the wife to turn on and does not put anything pertruding out that will catch on clothes or such.
Nice installation ncc1701e. I used the same wall on SOB, but installed a 110v outlet. Plugged in a "dusk to dawn" nite light at the top. This way I had an extra outlet which you can never have enough anyway.