Installing 6-Point Level-Up System

wiredawgchief

Fellow Cycloners, I tried to get Lippert and one of their authorized dealers to sell me the system and let me install, but they won't do it. So, I need to take the my unit to Ft Worth for a couple of days to have installed. Shooting for 22 and 23 May. Cost is $3,000 plus tax. Ron

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Wow, 3K parts and labor. Sounds like a good deal to me. Its probably a liabilty issue...if you install it and something bad happens. You know the rest.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Grab that deal.
I was quoted $4200 plus labor, almost two years ago. (total $5000) Trace

Rusty_7

I just made an appointment today for June install , called lippert direct quoted $4100 and they are using the 2 front factory jacks. Am I gettin gouged here?

TandT

I just made an appointment today for June install , called lippert direct quoted $4100 and they are using the 2 front factory jacks. Am I gettin gouged here?

Rusty
No, that seems about right.
There is something fishy about $3 grand total, for a 6pt Level Up.....installed. Trace

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Please post where you are having that deal done, wow! I have been quoted $3k for Ground Control (electric, 4-point) installed at Camping World.... Your price seems too good to be true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Two years ago the rally promo pricing for the Level Up was $3400. MSRP was $4500.
I know it was higher last year.
I would question the $3000 price tag.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Fellow Cycloners, I tried to get Lippert and one of their authorized dealers to sell me the system and let me install, but they won't do it. So, I need to take the my unit to Ft Worth for a couple of days to have installed. Shooting for 22 and 23 May. Cost is $3,000 plus tax. Ron

It requires welding of brackets onto the frame. The designer doesn't let just anybody do the install. Odds are good if you are getting it done in a Texas shop they were personally trained by the factory for the install.

Two years ago the rally promo pricing for the Level Up was $3400. MSRP was $4500.
I know it was higher last year.
I would question the $3000 price tag.

Peace
Dave

It was even better at Nashville!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Might want to re-verify that they quoted you the hydraulic Level-Up and not the electric Ground Control system they acquired. For $3000, I'm suspecting that's what price they gave you. I paid $2500 for my Ground Control system sent to me for a DIY install. And that was with $500 off the normal price from Reico-Titan.

wiredawgchief

Friends, I see lots of questions/comments. I believe the price is good because I did the research to determine I have a Lippert hydraulic jack system already on the front of my unit. It has a valve body with several ports avail. I was told the kit for my unit, which they have two in stock, uses the existing pump, add another hydraulic fluid tank, some electric valve solenoids, plumbing and four hydraulic jacks. I don't think it is "fishy" for a certified reseller, the only one in TX, to pull something, but I'll be able to confirm in a couple of weeks. Here is the contact info: Jeff Norris

OEM Parts Advisor

United RV Center

5100 Airport Freeway

Ft. Worth, TX 76117

Office: 817-834-7141

Fax: 817-834-7145

ParkIt

Friends, I see lots of questions/comments. I believe the price is good because I did the research to determine I have a Lippert hydraulic jack system already on the front of my unit. It has a valve body with several ports avail. I was told the kit for my unit, which they have two in stock, uses the existing pump, add another hydraulic fluid tank, some electric valve solenoids, plumbing and four hydraulic jacks. I don't think it is "fishy" for a certified reseller, the only one in TX, to pull something, but I'll be able to confirm in a couple of weeks.
That would make sense, in essence you are buying a 4pt leveling system and would still use the Lippert gear in the front. The quote I got from a local shop was $2700 not including the 10% sales tax. Certified mechanics and shop. A full 6 pt level system replacing the existing stabilizers would cost more.

TandT

I was told by Lippert that now they only use your existing hydraulic front jacks, if they are the round tubes.
Mine are the square type, so even though they are hydraulic, they won't use them with Level Up systems. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

wiredawgchief

I have to repeat: this is the full 6-point level up system. the front jacks on mine are the ones they use in the front. Thee front will be integrated into four more installed: two in front of the axles and two some distance behind the axles. It will have full auto leveling, I can raise evenly to clear the tires off the ground, and I can change a flat on the road by lifting side off the ground. Folks, this is the full up syst. Those of you with round jacks, Lippert front hydraulics have much of the syst already installed. The factory isn't giving deals and I'm not sure they even calculated I already had their hydraulics. They quoted me $4,900.00 install in Indiana. Of course, I knew they were out of the ball park. I found this to be true in many other transactions. I guess, we'll see what I get, but the quote I received is for Lippert 6-Point Level as I indicated. Ads I figure, 8 to 10 hours labor, $100/hr places cost of syst at $2,000 for 4 cylinders, plumbing, 2nd hydraulic tank, some solenoids, and a controller. Ron

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ron, keep us all posted on this, I bet there are some folks willing to make a drive to Texas for that price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I was told by Lippert that now they only use your existing hydraulic front jacks, if they are the round tubes.
Mine are the square type, so even though they are hydraulic, they won't use them with Level Up systems. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I was told the same thing.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
When we had the first Heartland retrofit done back in 2009 they also used our original pump and system...they did add solenoids and valves. We also had to have hydraulic front legs to replace our electric ones...back then they used the front landing legs that are on Mobile Suites. This was done by Trailair, prior to Lippert buying the company.

I can see it costing less since Heartland now uses the front landing legs that would be part of a six leg system. I was actually surprised when they were switching out the pumps during the levelup upgrades over the last several years...guess they are using a more adequate pump system like we had again.

Nitehawk79

I was quoted about $5400 from a Camping World in PA...so I decided it needed to come from the factory installed...I did notice that on some 2013 Cyclones that did not have them, but were prepped they had plates in place so the system could be bolted on (or at least that was my thought).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wiredawgchief

Friends, I made final arrangements today with United RV...sounds like a real first-class place. We are arriving about 10:00PM on the 22nd and they are letting us hook up there. They also are going to pull the unit out the evening of the 23rd to hook-up and stay in it Thu night. They have had several telecoms with me confirming hydraulics in my unit including the size/capacity of my hydraulics tank, pump used etc... . They appear to be very thorough. Not sure how they keep their labor and overhead down, but I know I saved about $17K on my Dodge Ram 4500 w/ tow body near Atlanta. I'm really looking forward to this trip. I'll let you know how the install turns out. Could be worth a trip for some of y'all from up North and get some really good barbeque too. ;VD Ron