Bumper and hitch

mixie57

Has anyone thought of adding a bumper to the rear? I would like to install a bumper and hitch to put one of those flat racks you can place objects on. Seems a better idea than trying to cram bins in the garage with the Harley. Also, the bumper could double as a sewer hose holder like you see on class A motor coaches.

szewczyk_john

It would have to be mounted under the rear end to allow the ramp to open. I would be afraid of the thing dragging on the ground. I have a ranch hand front bumper with a receiver hitch built into it. I have used it to carry the shelf but not that often.

priorguy

Check out the North Trail Cailber Edition brochure. Mine has a pull out rear bumper with the shelf built in. I can pull it out when needed or pin it in when not. Holds 4 bicycles. Also is a regular 4" RV bumper to stow a stinky slinky if necessary.

You could also add a frame mounted accessory hitch like this one from Ultra-fab, I've added a link. It wouldn't interfere with your rear door. I'm sure Reese and others make them too.

http://www.ultra-fab.com/new_detail.cfm?mfgnum=35-946403

oscar

With a supply of steel and a welder anything can be done...... Me, I cram the bins in the garage.