Experience with Heat Control Window Film??

happyappy

I have a beautiful view of the lake from my picture window at the seasonal campsite. Unfortunately, the heat from the sun means I'm leaving my window shades closed to keep the heat out now that summer weather is getting here. Looking for solutions, I ran across this:

Heat Control Window Film

The manufacturer claims it reduces heat from the sun by 70% and 99% of the UV rays that fade furniture. From the reviews it sounds like a bear to install, but I've successfully installed window tint in autos a couple of times.

I couldn't find any information on the site using search so I thought I'd throw it out to see if anyone had prior experience with it that could share.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have this film on our rear window and the entertainment/desk slide. It does work but I didn't keep the temperature readings I recorded. As long as your widow surface is clean and dust free it's not too bad of an install. Trimming this film was the hard part for me. Attached photo show the difference in the factory tint verses the window with the film. We have dual pane windows. The upper half is with the film.

Attachments

• Window Film.jpg
    Window Film.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 92

MC9

We installed this film(from Lowes) on our Sundance. We couldn't sit in our recliners in the rear, now we can, it's that simple.

happyappy

Awesome. Thanks for the quick replies. I need to restring the day//night shade on the rear window so looks like I have another task to add to that project.

Thanks again.

Ray LeTourneau

Awesome. Thanks for the quick replies. I need to restring the day//night shade on the rear window so looks like I have another task to add to that project.

Thanks again.
Have fun with that rear window shade. It's a monster. We replaced it with blinds from Home D. One hand open and close and better light control when needed.

wdk450

I put that restringing repair on my freebee repairs request at the Goshen National rally. Maybe that is enough of an excuse for you to attend.

happyappy

Tempting Bill....very tempting.

I've restrung a couple of the smaller shades. The hardest part is getting the &#*$*@ shade off the window to repair. :mad:

Ray LeTourneau

Tempting Bill....very tempting.

I've restrung a couple of the smaller shades. The hardest part is getting the &#*$*@ shade off the window to repair. :mad:

I agree! It wouldn't be so bad if they were mounted as designed. I'm guessing the standard mount clips might not hold up going down the road. That's why they're screwed to the window frame. (at least mine are). If there was an easier way to remove the lamberkins and valance it would be nice.

ParkIt

Will have to try this for our back and entry side windows, luckily we have the wood blinds so getting up to the top is easy, no need to re-string the shades.
Thanks for the pictures and link to where you are picking up your 'block out' material.