Need a recipe for beef ribs on the bar b que

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I got some beef ribs and want to experiment cooking them on the bar b que without boiling them.

Miller0758

You don't want to boil them but is baking them for a while before finishing them on the grill out of the question? If not, here's what I do ... I remove the membrane and rub some spices on the ribs. I then place the ribs on a rack in a baking dish. Under the rack I put about 1" of apple juice. I cover the dish tightly with foil and place in a 250 degree oven for a couple of hours. After about 2 hours take a peek ... when the meat is retracted from the bone, they're done. You can remove the ribs, put on whatever sauce you like and place them on the grill to finish. Be careful, they will fall off the bone.

Kbvols

Pull membrane, put on some rub, use smoker or indirect heat on grill keep heat low around 200-250 degrees for couple hours. After a couple hours wrap in foil cook for another hour to two hours depending on how hot your fire is. Beef rib meat is tough and has to be slow cooked and kept moist especially the first couple hours prior to wrapping in foil. Can mop with various concoctions but beer always does well. Once wrapped in foils they will steam and stay moist. Done right they are awesome but they take time.

vakthund

Rub the ribs with a not to sweet spice rub and smoke on 210ºF for 3 - 4 hours. Wrap in plastic wrap while adding a little red wine, juice, Dr. Pepper, or other liquid. Wrap in foil and return to grill for another 2 - 3 hrs on 210ºF. Remove and let rest for at least 45 minutes (or overnight in fridge). Remove foil, cut hole in wrap and drain liquid into a pan - reduce to a sauce with some herbs. Re-heat the ribs on the grill, medium high heat, while basting with the sauce.