we will be joining you soon, we hope !

yak50

If good Lord is willing, we hope to close next friday ! , on new 2013 landmark key largo. Mom and I are pretty stoke ! our first fifth wheel ! and think we choose a good one ! Well to be honest , I let the wife pick it out, but hey i think she did great job ! lol The plan is to run up to knoxville, sleep over at the sister's place, get up bright and early and head over to rv's for less, and do all the paper work, etc..., and pdi, spend the night, ease back home, would rather keep going, but really need to be back to work for short spell, then its full timing for us as head off into the wild blue yonder, and try and meet everybody ! lol thanks to all the folks who post here, its been wealth of knowledge, and swayed us to purchase heartland, all the glowing reports etc... will make sure we get lots of pictures, and thanks again God bless ! kevin and denise :):cool::cool:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Welcome...we LOVE our 2013 Key Largo! Been full time for eight years...six years in a Bighorn...great rigs. Be sure to do a good PDI...

Rickhansen

Yak50,
Congratulations! I'm not sure from your post what your background is with other RV's, so I'll offer my perspective and hope I'm not off base in doing so.

Anyone who has ever been camping has learned to anticipate the inevitable issues that always arise, adapt, and overcome them. Heartland stands behind their products, and their customers more than any company I've ever seen, and your fellow owners will support you with their advice and encouragement. Do a thorough PDI and understand all of the vital components of your rig. If you're not comfortable ask. Ask your dealer, or ask us. We all enjoy when we can help someone out.

I'm not sure if you've seen these documents, since you appear to be a relative newcomer to this website. One the navigation bar above, go to TOOLS, click on Heartland Owners Manuals, where you'll find most of the technical manuals for many of the components for your new RV. I'll recommend especially the User Guides. These are documents that have been written by other Heartland Owners. They are written by real people with real experiences, not some engineer that's never been camping.

Congratulations, best wishes, and happy trails.

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Yak50,
We picked up our Key Largo at RVs for Less 2 weeks ago and did our inaugural trip this week in the Smoky Mountains. You're going to love it! The folks at RVs for Less are super. My only advice would be simply not to rush the PDI.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kevin & Denise, Congratulations! You should consider at least the one year free Heartland Owners Club membership. You'll get to meet some really nice folks. Enjoy!

yak50

Thank you all for kind words ! we have closed on the house! moved into the key largo, and can't thank everyone for all there help, Butch and Karen are the best ! along with great forum like this, we no doubt will succeed ! should be able to sign the retirement papers in late fall or early winter and then hit the road and join you in this great adventure !

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Yak50, That's great news. Hang areound FL for the winter and you'll have many opportunities to meet fellow Heartlanders throughout the south half of the state. Consider joining us at the FL state rally next year too. Safe travels to you.