In Hot Climates

Linc

For those who battle the heat more than we do in Michigan, is a air conditioner in the garage worth the money if there will be one in the kitchen and living room?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
In Texas, I wish we could get three! Luckily for us we don't have to stay in Texas in the summertime any more.

Another thing to think about when considering two a/c's is that if one goes out, you still have another. Might save a weekend.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think one of those roll around units would be a good alternative to a 3rd rooftop A/C. The downside is they need to be vented out a window. It should be easy enough to make a window vent to fit. There are times when several windows in RV's are the same size.

truknutt

Committed Member
An alternative to the A/C unit is to consider installing a Fantastic Fan w/wireless remote in the garage roof. These can be set to operate at YOUR selected temp/humidity level. I use this fan to "pull out" the heat and with the door to the living area open, it will pull the cooled air in.

scottyb

A good deal of our camping is at boat races in very hot conditions. I definitely would have ordered it if I hadn't purchased my Cyclone from inventory. I like to leave my dogs in the garage and seperated from the living area when we are racing during the day. The garage AC would make this much more feasible.

alaska dodge

I put a fantastic fan with remote in and love it, it will pull air out or you can reverse the switch and pull air in.

Bill & Katherine

2013 Cyclone 4100
2012 Dodge Megacab 3500 Dually, 6.7L max tow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TXTiger

I put a fan in the doorway between the garage and the kitchen/living room. It pulls the cooler air from the living area into the garage. Not as good as having an a/c in the garage but better than nothing at all.