poor video from dvd

waygone

My new 2013 Elkridge has the genesis 2.0 and on our first trip I tried to play a dvd. Sound was good but the picture was black and white and grainy. What do I need to do to be able to watch dvd's.
Thanks

jimtoo

Hi waygone,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

From past posting on this subject you most likely have a bad connection/cable between your dvd and tv. It did happen to me once and all it took was to move the connectors while I had a dvd in and it showed up right away.

Enjoy the forum and your new Elkridge.

Jim M

waygone

I wanted to try that but dont know how to remove the connections from the back of the genesis. I manipulated the connections on the back of the tv but that did not help. thanks

danemayer

Hi waygone,

The Genesis 2.0 manual suggests the following:

When there is no color on video.
• Turn off the unit and restart the unit again.
Use Factory Default Restart.
FACTORY DEFAULT RESTART
Press and hold MODE button for 10 seconds - Unit will shut off.
Restart unit by pressing the ON button. Factory defaults will be
reset with this type of restart.

waygone

yes it does. doesnt solve the problem though. I'm pretty tech savvy so I tried everything. just wish I knew how to remove the unit so I could get to the back of it without destroying it.

MCTalley

I thought I remembered a setting on the TV that had to be changed to make the picture clear and in color. However, I looked through my entire TV menu system and didn't see it. Does the Genesis have a menu on the DVD section? (We took ours out and replaced it with a Blu-Ray and Home Theater receiver, so I can't remember now). I know I've seen some setting that, once changed, makes the picture look correct and normal.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Easy fix......Ha, just happened to me in our 2014 and I am IN the Video Production business!!!

Called HL, Jamie said "easy fix"!! You probably have the Toshiba.....go to "Preferences" (TV), change "Color Stream" to "Video".....see, "easy fix"!! :rolleyes:

Hope this worked for you too!

ParkIt

Easy fix......Ha, just happened to me in our 2014 and I am IN the Video Production business!!!

Called HL, Jamie said "easy fix"!! You probably have the Toshiba.....go to "Preferences" (TV), change "Color Stream" to "Video".....see, "easy fix"!! :rolleyes:

Hope this worked for you too!
May have to try this on ours, the screen has a slight fade when the bass in the movie is up. Very odd, tried everything we could see and think of except the fix you posted.
Thanks!

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
This "fix" is for video displaying black & white when playing Dvd's. Not sure what your audio is doing to effect picture "fade"?:confused:

Is the dvd player hooked to tv with an HDMI cable or component cables (RBG)? If it's component try looking to see if the R,G & B leads are in the correct places.

Last edited: