Honda EU2000i question.

Speedygoss

So I have decided after borrowing a 2000i this weekend I have to have one... Well actually 2 of them I believe. Here is my question. In a little research I have learned that the only way to output up to a true 4000 watts is to run (not the standard parallel kit) but the RV parallel kit. I want to make sure this set up will run my 13,500 BTU A/C.

Thanks,
Speedy.

rjr6150

We have two of the Honda's 2000 and using the standard parallel kit have zero problems running our AC. Are you maybe asking about one of the Honda's being the Companion model which comes with a 30 amp plug already built in?

Speedygoss

Big Jim,

That is where I did my research, The 2000i I borrowed this weekend ran everything outside of my A/C unit of course. It looks like with the parallel kit l'd get 4000 watts. I have just never ran my trailer with anything less than a 7000 watt generator until the 2000i this weekend. I guess my concern is Id like to hear from others with this setup before I drop $2K plus on two 2000i's and the parallel kit. I'd like to know this set up will handle everything with ease.

Speedygoss

rjr6150,

The research I have done leads me to believe you can not get a true 4000 watts out of 2 standard EU2000i's with just a "parallel cord."The EU2000i companion model would be one way to go because they say you can get a true 4000 watts with a parallel cord. It looks to me like they sell a "parallel cord" and/or a Parallel Kit" The "Parallel Kit" allows you to get a true 4000 watt's in parallel out of 2 standard EU2000i's.

This is the cord.
http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect...HONDA2000KIT&gclid=CPHe1dTZk7cCFa9cQgodlUQAFg

And this is the kit.

http://www.wisesales.com/honda-eu20...gclid=CLSJhPPZk7cCFSU6QgodFjwABQ#.UZEvI8qyEXg

I am inquiring about the Kit.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Big Jim,

That is where I did my research, The 2000i I borrowed this weekend ran everything outside of my A/C unit of course. It looks like with the parallel kit l'd get 4000 watts. I have just never ran my trailer with anything less than a 7000 watt generator until the 2000i this weekend. I guess my concern is Id like to hear from others with this setup before I drop $2K plus on two 2000i's and the parallel kit. I'd like to know this set up will handle everything with ease.

I have been using two Honda 2000's (one is the Companion) with the parallel kit for three years now and have had no problems. Together they run "one" AC and anything else I need just fine. When the AC is not needed just one of the generators is all I usually need. Just remember, with the parallel setup, you only have approx. 26 usable amps to work with. You can not run "everything" at once in the larger coaches but as long as you stay within that range you are good.

Speedygoss

I have been using two Honda 2000's (one is the Companion) with the parallel kit for three years now and have had no problems. Together they run "one" AC and anything else I need just fine. When the AC is not needed just one of the generators is all I usually need. Just remember, with the parallel setup, you only have approx. 26 usable amps to work with. You can not run "everything" at once in the larger coaches but as long as you stay within that range you are good.

Sounds like Ill be fine running the two together. Thank You.

Willym

I have two regular EU2000's and parallel them with my own set up no problem. The available parallel kits just seem to be money maker. By the way, 4000 watts is a peak rating, IIRC, 3200 watts is the continuous load rating - still plenty for the AC.

neilandnanci

Speedy,
We also have the 2000i with the companion and use the parallel kit. We can only one run a/c at a time but have had no problem running the front area a/c.
Hope this helps.

porthole

Retired
For 2K I would consider the Honda 3K IS

Providing you don't mind the 130 pound weight, it is more efficient then the 2000's and quieter under a load. Plus the 3.5 gallon tank means a lot less opportunities to spill some fuel

I have used the 1K, 2K, 3k and the 5K Honda IS models and my favorite is the 3K

My 3K ran for over 325 hours after Sandy running our house.

Gaffer

Make sure one of them is the Companion model. It will have a 30 amp RV receptacle built in so all you need is the standard parallel kit.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You may find it worthwhile to check all of the Honda dealers in your area referenced on the Honda website, and then some. I bought an EU2000i a couple of months ago and the prices ranged from almost $1100 to $975. The lower price was at a John Deere dealer in my area, and it was in stock, so no S & H.

rjr6150

Speedy
If your not totaly sold on the Honda's and would consider Yamaha may have another option since your in the Phoenix area. If interested give me a call 970-580-1220.

pegmikef

I use the parallel kit. I ordered my pair online and they were 1898 for the pair plus thirty or forty bucks for the parallel kit and charging cable. I ordered them from Wana RV & Engine Center, Inc. There was no charge for shipping. You can google them. I seem to remember that I had to request a price and they sent it to me via email. I liked the price and put it on a card. I had them in three days and have been using them for two years now with no issues.

In fact, here's the link.

http://www.wanagenerators.com/honda-generators.cfm

Last edited:
I have two 2000 Yamaha's with the parallel kit and they work great. The reason I went with two small units, is you can lift them. One large generator is hard to handle by yourself.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The dealer is Tri-County Equipment, located in Burton, MI. Phone: 810-742-3364. With tax, it was $1033,50. That's what I paid on 2/14/2013. They prepped it, ran it, and went over it's operation before I left the store.

They have nine stores in Michigan. Website: www.tricountyequipment.net

sjs731

If you aren't set in Honda, I bought my Yamaha EF 2000iS units from Wise Sales in IL. $989 each with free shipping and I see now they have a 1 year additional warranty for free.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk