looking for campground by Traverse City, MI

JOnSU

Anybody camped by Traverse City, MI? I see there is a KOA fairly close. Need one alittle closer to Omena. We have a wedding there in June. Any advice for that area would be great. Thanks!

Kbvols

Checkout Traverse Bay RV resort . We are planning on going there in July have never stayed there but looks nice. We stayed at KOA years ago it was ok as I recall nothing spectacular.

Theresau

Traverse Bay is very nice. It's a high end resort. There's a section for 5th wheels. Remaining is class A. Verrry nice class A. If you go there be sure to go to the stained glass factory. We also recommend Wild Cherry RV in the Leelanau peninsula just north of Traverse.

Not sure when cherry festival is would impact availability. Even though Traverse Bay is nice it's not overly expensive.

Gary521

We stayed at the Holiday Park Campground, which is just south of the city. This was a couple of years ago but it seemed very nice.

DJH

There's a State Campground in town. Water & Electric only, has a walk way over us 31 to the bay. It's called Traverse City State Park. I stayed there in July for the Cherry Festival. Back then I had a 28 ft 5th wheel. Don't know if they have a length limit? Here's their phone # 231-922-5270, or the call center is 1 800 447-2757.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I have stayed at all of them at one time or another and usually end up at Timber Ridge which is right on the edge town a couple of minutes from east bay. The KOA is south of town about 15 miles. Do to a grandsons graduation we will be there the June 6-9. Wild cherry is by far the closest to Omena. Grand traverse rv resort is quite a distance from Omena and pretty high end. If a state park (w/e) is to your liking Interlochen is always nice and also has the benefit of the Music camp across the street. Good Luck and safe travels.