Jensen AM/FM/CD/DVD questions

Speedygoss

I have a 2013 heartland Prowler with the Jensen unit in it. I am completely new to the RV thing and I have 2 questions.

1.) The display screen is always lit up even when I turn the power off. In storage my battery is always dead when I go get it for a trip. This is the only thing I can come up with draining the battery. Is there a way to tun this off completely?

2.) I hooked a 32" LCD TV to it using the RCA cords on the back of the unit. I get Video on the TV but only get sound throughout the campers speakers. I can not get sound through the TV speakers. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Speedy.

danemayer

Hi Speedy,

I'm not sure about whether you can cut power to the Jensen without adding a switch, but even if you could, there are other parasitic loads (alarms for example). You really should consider adding a battery cutoff switch that turns everything off at the battery.

On the TV, I'd suggest checking the RCA cords at both ends to make sure you're plugged into the audio OUT at the DVD player and the audio IN at the TV. These devices use the same rca phone connectors for other functions and it's easy to plug them in wrong. If everything is good there, you'll want to check audio menus on both devices.

Speedygoss

Hi Speedy,

I'm not sure about whether you can cut power to the Jensen without adding a switch, but even if you could, there are other parasitic loads (alarms for example). You really should consider adding a battery cutoff switch that turns everything off at the battery.

On the TV, I'd suggest checking the RCA cords at both ends to make sure you're plugged into the audio OUT at the DVD player and the audio IN at the TV. These devices use the same rca phone connectors for other functions and it's easy to plug them in wrong. If everything is good there, you'll want to check audio menus on both devices.

Battery cut off was going to be my next move. I guess I just figured they planned on people storing these things and I should be able to shut everything down.

I will check all the connections on the RCA's and see if I can trace down the problem.

ParkIt

We had the same issue for awhile and so I messed around with the settings, turns out the "alarm on" feature was set before we got it so it would come on at 10:00am every morning and stay on. Found it under settings, timer, alarm, sleep. There is also a 'back lit' feature I turned off as well, hasn't come on since unless I turn it on.
Can't figure out who would use the full stereo for an alarm on, we have clocks for that.

For sound it doesn't sound like you are bypassing the built in speakers, check the AV out line so it loops to the television and not the existing AV out from the player. You will probably have to reset the Audio menu for that as well.

mbopp

I added a mini toggle switch on mine so it's OFF totally. Not so much for storage but when we dry camp every drain becomes important.

Lynn1130

Which Jensen unit is this? Mine is the DV2007 and has a removable face plate. If it is removable that may be an option until you get the battery disconnect switch in. I do that anyway when not in use since mine seems to want to turn itself on at odd hours of the night and no one can seem to tell me why. Of course Jensen's response was I am out of warranty and they would sell me the new model for $309 plus $20 for the pigtail but stopped e-mailing me when I told them I found the model they want to sell me, at several other Internet sites for $195.

And the problem is not an alarm. This unit does not have an alarm.