Help identifying roof vents

creeper

Looking to upgrade my top vents, so I bought two vents but seems that was enough and now confused on what each vent is.

Here is the lay out and what I think the vents are for, any help would be appreciated.

IMG_2244-1.jpg

Here is a closeup

IMG_2245.jpg

Getting my saggy fixed.

IMG_2246%202.JPG

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Put your ear to the vent and have someone run some water in the suspected tank for that vent.
You should hear the water.
Hoefler is right about the attic (roof) vent.

Peace
Dave

creeper

Thanks. If that is an attic vent, didn't know they vented that small space, then I don't need to change that one.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What attic space is it venting? The roof is basically a styrofoam sandwich. The only voids are where the A/C ducts are. I'm wondering if it isn't a vent for the bathroom (shower and lavatory) drains since they might have a high water flow when in use. Not to be confused with the vents for the tanks. Similar to the drain vent for a closet mounted washer/dryer. There is a roof vent on mine for that.

ParkIt

Since we have the same floor plan I double checked and there are only three vents: black tank, bathroom and kitchen. The washer/dryer vent is something we don't have which would make sense as to why you have four and you don't...which means ours should have a 4th one?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The floor plan that Creeper has is 2009. It has fiberglass insulation in the roof.
The 2011 model has foam insulation.
The fiberglass requires the venting, the foam does not.
That is an attic vent.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2