Clothes Washer will not drain

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I winterized the washer, i drained properly then. that was more than 6 months ago. I went to flush it and the drain will not work. It sits and then the lights flash. I presume that the drain valve is elctric and I am going to have to pull the thing to find out what has happened. any other suggestions?

danemayer

Re: washer will not drain

Hi chainsaw,

Did winterizing it include putting RV antifreeze in the washer tub and draining some of it through the valve and further?

jbeletti

My guess is that the glass bearing in the pump has been broken due to frozen water in the pump. Just a guess.

porthole

Retired

When I have had some "programming " issues with ours I unplug, wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in. I have only had these isssues when bouncing back and forth with line or generator power, especially I I try the dryer on a too small genny.

KiwiRVer

I had a similar problem a couple of seasons ago. After winter the washer/dryer would not work, every time we set it to go, it would cycle its dial and stop. Rang tech support and they said the pump was faulty and would have to be replaced (at something like $160). I pulled the washer out, turned it on its side and removed the pump. Found it was full of water (the parts that aren't supposed to be full of water) and dried it out, put it back together and it has worked fine ever since.