If you had to choose? Full body paint or 6 point system?

Linc

My wife said one or the other, but not both. So cost is not a consideration. Which would you choose and why? Closer I lean toward full body paint the more I want the 6 point. Closer I lean to 6 point the more I want paint. I just cove cognitive dissonance.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is easier to add the leveling system after the fact than the full body paint. I would go for the full body paint.

rick_debbie_gallant

SIX POINT LEVELING. FULL BODY PAINT IS JUST FLUFF. SIX POINT LEVELING IS A MUST! If I was buying used, I would chose the six point over the full body paint.

dave10a

Full body paint adds to resale value and makes it easier to resell when the time comes-- curb value means a lot to a prospective buyer. Get the full body paint first and add the 6 point leveling when you can afford it.

ParkIt

I'd go with the paint and add the level up later, cap fade from Gel Coat is something you can't fix. Leveling you can.

dave10a

I'd go with the paint and add the level up later, cap fade from Gel Coat is something you can't fix. Leveling you can.
Many motor homes had cap fade because the manufacturer cut corners and eliminated the titanium oxide from the resin. I see the 5th wheel manufacturers are cutting the same expense in the process. Oh well, full body paint with proper paint and sealer will last the life of the trailer-- assuming the manufacturer has not cut corners with the paint and painting process.

PSF513

I would go with 6 point. I have the early 4 point and it is great but 6 point would be far better

Eddhuy

I'd go with the full body paint. It looks great and is easier to keep that way. Leveling is easy unless you have some sort of disability and could always be added later if you really want it but there is no substitute for a great looking coach.

I'd say the exception would be if you plan on getting a new coach within a few years go with the auto level.

Speedy

I'd go full body paint as well. Until Lippert figures out what the mystery popping noise is I would avoid their leveling system.

Theresau

There was an earlier thread on how much resale full body paint adds - that thread concluded that this was basically to the advantage of the owner not as a resale point. Whereas the 6 point leveling would definitely be added resale value.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
6pt level. more frame support and less work on you. paint can always be done later too. functionality vs fluff. paint fades too.

rjr6150

Another vote for the 6 point system. While the paint looks great not sure cost justifies the results. Also talking to several dealers while it would add some value to trade doesn't sound as though would change the value that much. IMHO

hillsonwheels

Go for the level-up! I'd rather make my life easier with that when "setting" up than "sitting" and looking at the paint job. My bride sez "it could even save a marriage? :confused::rolleyes: Dick

porthole

Retired
I'm a LevelUp convert - but given that ultimatum I would go with the body paint.

Knowing that, a) the trailers already have front hydraulic landing gear, b) that most of the models that offer paint now have the brackets already welded on for the additional jacks c) the odds of me doing paint after the fact paint are zero and d) the odds I would add the LevelUp anyway are real good.

Especially since some of the work is already done (brackets and front gear)

taken

I know this wasn't one of your options, but I'd do both from the get go. Adding either later would cost a good deal more than having it done from the get go. Find a way to make it work and get what you want now.