INTRUDER ALERT - Induction Cookware Question

wdk450

Ladies:
This is the best place I could think of for expert advice for my question, so please forgive me for "walking into the Ladies Room".

I bought an induction cooktop through Amazon 2 months ago for a low price. I REALLY love it. I started off using my cast iron cookware (frypan, grillpan and dutch oven) with it until I could get some of the correct cookware. I got 2 great frypans from an online restaurant supply house, but I have been unable to find any dedicated saucepans for induction cooktop use.
Does anyone use one of these? Any leads on where to get saucepans? I think I could probably multipurpose my ceramic coated dutch oven pan as a saucepan if I have to.

jbeletti

Hi Bill,

I'm no lady, but I cook like one :)

We have a 36" Induction Rangetop in our new home in TN and we bought a stainless steel set (Calpalon) from Bed Bath and Beyond. They also sell open stock induction compatible pans. We also have 10" and 12" non-stick induction compatible fry pans (Circulon). LOVE cooking with induction!

Lou_and_Bette

Hi Bill, I am also not "one of the ladies" but do most of the cooking in our rig. I got a countertop induction cook top for Xmas. I had a stainless steel set of nesting cookware but they would not work with this (see items for sale at Goshen.) I did a search and found a great set of stainless steel cookware by Magma that would work with induction cooktops. This set has multiple pots and small skillets. Ordered it from a boat supply place. If this might be something you are looking for, use Google and search for "nesting induction cookware." Beware, any items listed on Amazon clearly state "not intended for induction cooking" when you scroll down to item description...not listed in first part of ad. Take a magnet with you when searching for cookware, if magnet sticks, it will work.

wdk450

I have done all sorts of searches of the general internet, Amazon and E-Bay. It is rare to find anything that specifically states it is for induction cooktops. I was lucky to find the 2 nonstick, professional grade, frypans. I am hoping to buy open stock as I have way too much cookware around.

2 things I like about induction cooking is that it is much safer (No open flame or hot electric element to catch paper towels or clothing on fire), and it is twice as efficient as gas or electric heating (gas and electric are only rated as 50% efficient).

It seems when I move to the trailer now for a campout, I take most of my kitchen appliances - small coffeemaker, coffee grinder, countertop convection oven/broiler, KitchenAid food processor (for coleslaw and icees), and my induction cooktop. Good the 3670RL has a lot of counter space (a 2nd toaster already lives there permanently).

Thanks for the help!!