Pepwave Surf SOHO launched today

3Gstore

I'm happy to announce a project we've been working on with Pepwave for over 6 months now. The new Pepwave Surf SOHO is finally a reality and includes a lot of the high end features you see on their routers that go for $1,000+ in a box that MSRP's at $129.99! You get full QoS control, free cloud management, per client day/week/month bandwidth monitoring and full 3G/4G LTE support (Tethers MiFi devices too). The box also includes 4 LAN ports, 1 WAN and has dual WiFi antennas with 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz WiFi support (Yes, it supports WiFi as WAN too!).

Checkout our full review here - http://www.evdoinfo....t/view/4490/63/

This unit leaves the Cradlepoint MBR95 in the dust when you start to compare features between the two entry level units!

porthole

Retired
What does all that mean to those of us just looking for wifi use and-or smartphone sharing in our trailers?

Basically the non techno version.

3Gstore

What does all that mean to those of us just looking for wifi use and-or smartphone sharing in our trailers?

Basically the non techno version.

It means it's a very fully fledged router that can do a lot more than similarly priced routers on the market. You can use it as a stand alone router to give wired/wireless access throughout your RV and the antenna option is nice for those that want to pickup nearby park WiFi. With 4 LAN ports and the more "Peplink Balance" interface vs. the Surf interface means this model offers more control than the other Surf Mini or Surf On The Go products.

Theresau

Curious - why would you need a router in an RV? And, dumb question - if not using mobile hot spot or campground WIFI, what would be the ISP?

I use my smart phone mobile hot spot and network my devices...e.g., laptop to wireless printer.

It means it's a very fully fledged router that can do a lot more than similarly priced routers on the market. You can use it as a stand alone router to give wired/wireless access throughout your RV and the antenna option is nice for those that want to pickup nearby park WiFi. With 4 LAN ports and the more "Peplink Balance" interface vs. the Surf interface means this model offers more control than the other Surf Mini or Surf On The Go products.

GOTTOYS

And here all I thought I needed to worry about was if I could hear my flip when it rings and if I flushed out my black tank enough...There's a lot more to having an RV than I realized...Don

TXTiger

Remember when you went camping to get away from it all. Now we must have satellite television and wifi internet connection or we go thru withdrawals ! ! !

porthole

Retired

Need an "access for dummies" book

Pepwave is giving away one Surf SOHO each week for the next 4 weeks by liking and sharing this Facebook post - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...5025154609.175629.200944884609&type=1&theater

They'll be randomly choosing a winner each week to receive a brand new Surf SOHO for free!

Another "facebunk" only company - sigh.......................