New 2007 Big Horn 3055 Owner

Just bought and got home a 2007 Big Horn 3055. It was the last 07 on the lot and the dealer made us a heck of a deal, or at least we think they did.

I am hoping to tap into the wealth of experience here and find out about anything I need to check out and hopefully change/fix to ward off as many potential problems as possible.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

jbeletti

Hi BarneyMiller,

Congrats on bringing home the new addition to the family. You made a great choice. Speaking of choices, you made another great one by joining the forum. Prepare your brain to accept a ton of help and great information.

Have fun!

Jim

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Congratulations and welcome. As a new owner as well, (3370) I can tell you this is the best forum and the nicest people too. I spent almost three days looking at all the informatiion on this site before we bought ours. (it helps that my job is internet related, LOL) If you need any question answered, just ask, and someone will have the answer you need.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum. Hope to see you at the Branson Rally.

Mark

jpmorgan37

Barney;

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and welcome as a new owner. You didn't mention if you did an extensive PDI before you picked up your new 3055, but if you didn't, that would be the first place to start. This will get you familiar with where everything is and how it works. Then, if you have any questions, ask away and some of these good folks will have the answer for you.

John

jpmorgan37 said:
Barney;

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and welcome as a new owner. You didn't mention if you did an extensive PDI before you picked up your new 3055, but if you didn't, that would be the first place to start. This will get you familiar with where everything is and how it works. Then, if you have any questions, ask away and some of these good folks will have the answer for you.

John

Didn't do an extensive PDI, as we aren't new to RVs so we knew how most everything was "supposed" to work. And since we've dealt with our dealer in the past with other campers, I'm confident in the service we'll receive from them.

My main objective was to find out from other owners if there are any known issues or gotchas from the 07 model year to look out for. Sometimes if you know of something to watch for or fix ahead of time, it'll save some heartache in the long run.

I've already done quite a bit of reading on the forum and have been very impressed with the friendliness and knowledge I've ran across. Hopefully I'll be able to be of assistance to others at some point.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Barney
Welcome to the Form and the Heartland Family. You will love the BH and this form is really helpful!
Enjoy
Wayne

jimtoo

HI Barney,
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and welcome as a new Big Horn owner. I am sure you will find lots of info on this forum from other owners and also the factory if needed.

I am an 08 3055 owner myself and if you need anything just get on here and ask, someone will reply.

Jim

Pulltab

Welcome Barney, this is the place to be for info. You made a wise choice in an Rv. Enjoy:)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome to the forum Barney and congrats on your new Bighorn. It's difficult to know where to look for problems. Most people hope there won't be any. If I had to guess though, you might run into problems with the a/v system in that the coax connections may be misrouted or connectors grounded out. Some have found minor leaks in the plumbing connections. I would suggest before hittin the road, set up camp in your driveway. Hook up the TV front and rear, use the furnace and a/c. check you plumbing connections. Fill the freshwater tank and run the pump to check for leaks. If you do find issues, at least you'll be home and not cause setbacks for the first trip out. Good Luck. We love our Bighorn!

billd

Congrats on the 3055. I would check for loose water lines and clamps, proper door alignment, tight screws on celing fan, check for screws that went too far (like on the dining tabkle or table that sits between the recliners).

Today is our 1st year anniversary of owning our BH, we love it. Next trip is Thanksgiving weekend.

Enjoy.

Bill

I own a 2007 3055RL and the only problem I have found is the door in the living room area that connected to the kitchen. It hard to see if the door is closed when letting out the slides. I have replaced the knob with a lock like you have on your storage compartments

cmart

BarneyMiller, loved your TV show, I'm a great fan. Now to your 3055, we have an 08 model and as previously stated, look for leaks under the kitchen sink, check out the dvd/surround sound, and check out the tracking as your cruising down the boulevard. Other than that, just go spend time in it, take notes, and don't get discouraged by what you read here. Sometimes people are not happy with problems they have and in turn, share them here, much like I did. But this is a great forum to learn from, ask questions, and solve problems. Enjoy your 3055 and I know you'll love it as much as we love ours. We have one more week at Maumelle Park and then who knows where next. Happy Trails.

jpmorgan37

We loved our stay in Maumelle park on our way to Texas. Great place to stop and spend some quiet time.

John

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on your new unit, I'm sure you'll like it as much as the rest of have.

One more thing to look for and make sure you get the dealer to put on is the 'D' Seal on the slides to prevent water splashing up from your tires and soaking into your carpets. This only happens when driving in rain. We asked our dealer to put them during our PDI (had read problems on the forum), they put some kind of seal on but it wasn't the right one, as we had a wet carpet on the way down to the Rally. We had the right on put on at the Rally.

Doug

TrickyD

Welcome to THE forum Barney! Lots of good information here. I rearely post, but I read lots! Picked up my 2008 3055RL in June and have yet to really use it. Hope to give it a real good work out in Feb. next year, plan on towing it to Florida. Wish I had something to comment about, but we only stayed in it a total of 4 nights. Everything seemed to work fine then but it was dry camping.
TrickyD