F150 and my 30RKDD

flyfish

Hello all,

Greenhorn here and just bought a Caliber 30RKDD for my job away from home. This is my first RV and it will be delivered to my job site for me but I will be required to move it off sight every 6 mos. My issue is the size and capability of my truck?? I have pulled boats most of my life but nothing this size??

My truck is 2013 F150 FX4, 5.0 ltr, 6 sp auto, 3.55 elect locker rear, trailer break control and 7350# GVWR package.

Can I pull this trailer 10 miles? After this job is over, can I use it around my home state?

Thanks in advance for any advice:confused:

wino2

You can enter 2013 Ford Trailer Tow Guide and find the information you are looking for. You don't state what cab or wheelbase you have.

Sigma

I have the exact same trailer but pull mine with a 3/4 ton. Your F150 will handle it without any problem. It is not that heavy a trailer. Because of the length just make sure you have someone to help you back it up and swing wider on corners. Enjoy.

flyfish

Thanks Wino - sorry about the double post, mods held it till they knew I wasn't a spammer.

Cab is a SCREW and Wheelbase is 145", site says GCWR (lbs.) 13,500 and 7700. So basically I can pull it dry by the time I add fuel. I think the trailer is 7300lbs??

priorguy

If you had the 3:73 rear end like my 2011 5.0L screw 4x4 f150 you'd be good for 9300 lbs, 9600 lbs for 2wd. Funny that any eco-boost rear gear is good for 11,300 with or without 4x4. Seems like a marketing decision to me. Plus the v8 is convieniently 5 hp lower then the turbo v6 when it puts out 60 extra hp in the basic mustang v8. 360 instead of 420 hp.

JRBEN

It will work, however depending on where you have to tow it, it might not work very well. I have a 2011 26LRSS and had a 2011 5.0L 4x4 F150 Crew Cab, and towing the 26LRSS was a nightmare. Yes it would pull it, but it was very dicey whenever pulling up any type of grade. Also, the backend felt like it was wallowing the whole time going down the road. I traded the F150 in for a RAM 3500 DRW Diesel and what a difference. Now when towing it doesn't even feel like the camper is back there.

goducks11

We used to have a 10 26LRSS and had the same exact problem. Went from a 10 F150 Maxtow to a 12 Ram 2500. TT still wobbled but didn't faze the truck. Never could figure out what was the problem. We had 900lbs of TW and the TT weighed loaded around 72-7300lbs. We used an EQ and had the truck dialed in perfect. We even moved the recliners up buy the tv and put the dinette in the rear. I'm thinking it's the placement of the axles, just to close to the center of the TT. Moved on to a 5'er and things are much nicer.