Tub vs Shower

Dtaylor52

I realize a lot has to do with saving space as much as possible, but why are so many bathrooms designed with a tub? Personally, I find them to be almost useless and find myself using the bathhouse simply to avoid having to negotiate the cramped tub, and I am not a big guy. I also worry when stepping in and out that I, or someone else, might fall or trip. Whatever my next unit is, it will not have a tub!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am not really a tub guy either.
However, over the last 2 1/2 years of fulltiming, there have been a few times I have wished our BH had the shallow tub/shower that is now being put in some of the Cyclones.
Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

ParkIt

I wish ours did but in lieu of that, we bought an 'pop up' hot tub. It doesn't take up as much space in the front storage as I thought it would.
Beats putting a wash cloth over the drain and pretending.... ;)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think it's a space available situation for Travel Trailers. Tubs are narrower and allow for more room in the already cramped bathrooms in a TT. Just my best guess...:confused:

jmorehart

I like a shower over a tub, but since I have my awesome exterior bathroom door there is less space for it. I would like to see the curved shower curtain rods but not lose the medicine cabinet over the sink. That would create more elbow room in the small tub so the curtain doesn't stick to you! Oh and a bigger sink would be great. Us ladies can be a bit of a hurricane when we wash our faces.;)

jimtoo

Hi jmorehart,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Folks add all kinds of things and make changes to their units to make it like they want it. I know they have the curved shower rods in some of the big hardware stores that you might add your self.

You do not have posted as to what unit you have and if we knew that might help some of the others with suggestions.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

I like a shower over a tub, but since I have my awesome exterior bathroom door there is less space for it. I would like to see the curved shower curtain rods but not lose the medicine cabinet over the sink. That would create more elbow room in the small tub so the curtain doesn't stick to you! Oh and a bigger sink would be great. Us ladies can be a bit of a hurricane when we wash our faces.;)

scottyb

We love the sunken tub in our 4100. It only gets used as a tub ocasionally, but the height of the shower head is almost like home.