Camping World customer service

Rodbuster

Just wondering if you could post your experiences (good or bad) that you have had with the Camping World service department.

I'm told that if you purchase an RV from Camping World that you receive an "Elite Membership Card" and that this card entitles you to priority treatment over the walk-in customer looking for service work. I'm also told that "the only way" you can receive one of these Elite cards is by buying an RV from Camping Worls.

Thank you,
Dick

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can post your experience with your servicing dealer....but there are guidelines.
You can do it in the RV Service Experience Forum.
Just be sure to read the 'Sticky' post before posting.

Peace
Dave

Rodbuster

Thank you Dave. I completely forgot about this forum area.
Thanks for switching it over for me.

Dick

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My experiences with Camping World CS have been bad. They now have an "Ask Marcus" forum that you can supposedly notify him of experiences. With my previous bad service I don't know if I'd expect much but you never know... Maybe he does want to make things better.

olcoon

Can't comment on much about Camping World...just haven't dealt with them that much. Until recently we only had 1 in Missouri, and it was about 2 hours away from me. Recently we've had 2 more open, but I think they are still in the remodeling mode, and not 100% open for business. From what I've seen on this forum & others, their service is spotty with mixed results across the country....just like any other RV dealer!

ParkIt

Like any dealer out there, if you buy from them you get priority over out of pocket or insurance claims. Camping World is buying out other companies at a pretty fast pace (that tells you something about the RV industry) and setting up always takes time to get the kinks out.
As for the "Elite" status it just lets them know you already spent enough money to not wait too long for repair/service, while not always true its what most dealers will tell you is part of the purchase but there are still some outstanding shops that don't care who is paying for it and will take care of you as soon as they can.

sgtbigb

Had my annual RV Inspection completed recently at camping world. Made an appointment for a tuesday, was told it would be ready Wednesday, Did not get back until friday. What upset me was they would return my phone inquiries to ask was it ready for pickup:mad:

Nason40

I always try to use independent dealers and avoid Camping World. However, the one time I used them was in ABQ NM. I got caught in a wind storm that tore my A/C cover off my trailer. I saw a Camping World and turned in. They took me right away. I had a new cover and was out in less than an hour. After that I tried my local Camping World and found it horribly overpriced. My best ever RV repair experience was in Elephant Butte at Baker's RV Service. A nasty post had jumped out and damaged my fender. Baker's fixed the damage, serviced my rig and kept it a month until I could get back and pick it up all for a very reasonable price.

evolvingpowercat

When they changed their policy to provide free shipping to Good Sam Members to now you have to spend $ 200 for free shipping they stopped getting my orders and Amazon.com did, since they still have free shipping for $ 25 orders.

I received a light set that was no good and they took it back for refund but made me pay the return postage, so I took a loss. But that was the only item I purchased from them that ever had a problem.

Never bought an RV at any of their locations so can't comment on that. Would assume that every one is different that each one will vary by the quality of the store manager and quality of the service manager.

GeneF

I have had experience with three Camping World locations.

1. Chichester, NH They bailed me out over July 4 week while we were on a three month trip. I had had my Jayco repaired (ahem) at a Jayco dealer in St. Augustine. They really didn't fix the problem for a charge of almost $1900. Problem was rot in the back of the trailer.

By the time I got from Florida to NH, it was obvious that I had a serious problem because some of the aluminum siding was starting to bend. long story short, they managed to get my trailer in during one of their busiest weeks, charged me $1900 and helped me to recover all of my money from the Jayco dealer.

2. St. Augustine, Fl. I took the trailer there for some warantee work. Because of mess up in wrong parts and Heartland's policy of sending all materials at one time, my trailer was there for about four months. What made this long period bearable was the service rep Robert. He phoned me on a regular basis to keep me abreast of the progress he was making on the trailer. I appreciated the calls and he did get the trailer ready by the date that I needed it. Robert was a great customer service rep.

3. Nashville, TN. This is where I purchased my trailer and all I will say is that it was one of the worst experiences that I have ever had with a major purchase. Lack of product knowledge and customer caring were my biggest headaches.

I did get one of those "Elite" cards. Not sure if it will help me get faster service but it does allow you to get a little more discount on some items. By the way, the dealer never mentioned this and I was not sure what it was all about when it came in the mail. Almost threw it out.

Last edited: