What is the best dash mount tire monitor?

I was just wondering which tire minder/monitor that you are using. Do they monitor tire pressure and temp well?
I will need to monitor six tires.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

ILH

I just purchased the tpms from Truck System Technologies. We just came back from our first trip with theminstalled. Very impressive. The basic kit monitors 4 tires - but you can monitor about ten or more tires with extra sensors. It shows both pressure and tmp. You can set alarms.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I use the TST 507 on 10 wheels. Works great. Great customer service also.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There are several threads discussing Tire Pressure Monitoring. I believe the most common one used is the TST. Truck System Technologies. There are 2 versions, a 507 and a 510. I have the 507 with 4 sensors on the trailer only. Find out more at this LINK

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I also have the TST 507 system on all 12 of my tires, to include the spares. Love it. Had a few issues here and there, but they have great customer service. Worth every penny!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the 507. Had one sensor give up the ghost, but even as the second owner of the system, they honored the warranty. I sent my sensor in and in less than a week had the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
We've had the TST 507 on 8 tires and it has been well worth it (twice)! Once on truck, the other on trailer!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
TST507 here too and it has been flawless! I have it on all 6 truck tires and all 4 trailer tires and have not had a single issue. :thumbup:

zigzag3337

I have the Tire Tracker TT400C and it works great. Monitors the air pressure and temp up to 22 tires. It's rechargeable so when I programmed it, I carried it with me to each tire. I have the Cyclone 3950, so I also bought the booster. Instead of keeping the booster powered all the time, I elected to put it on a toggle switch and mounted the unit right behind the king pin. I did accidentally plugged in the wrong charger and burned out the head unit. Gary replaced it with no questions asked. Very nice folks to work with. Here's a few pics.

10F84D1C-A93A-4F06-8D15-8C3524BBE29A-2902-000003A5024C7C4E.jpg

Monitoring the temp

6BF8215D-18D6-490D-BDD5-0C7F3B32DE0C-2902-000003A4FD56D7C6.jpg

Monitoring the pressure

4140F9BD-3998-4CBA-ACDE-64F51FB34A69-2902-000003A4F5712E10.jpg

Smaller then my cell phone.

144D8604-CD5F-4A02-B946-C555E0F1082B-2902-000003A4F074AE59.jpg

The sensors

AF10B887-6EF9-4B9F-A453-B87FA81916C2-2902-000003A4E8956D39.jpg

The booster

65535CE8-46AB-4DB9-B3CE-6F87A509C0D3-2902-000003A4E1858877.jpg

KiwiRVer

We will be at the Goshen rally offering some great deals on our TPMS systems. These are the biggest selling aftermarket systems in the country.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ally-Attendees?p=306745&viewfull=1#post306745
[/FONT]
Cheers
Craig

dave10a

I would recommend the monitors that measure both temperature and pressure within 3% accuracy and mount inside the tire rather than the stems. Those batteries last 3-5 years because they use the battery technology heart pace makers use. The stem mounted monitors are ok but not the best :)

KiwiRVer

Hi GPSHEMI

Yes we will have all options from 4 to 22 tires available at the rally. I am afraid I have to disagree with dave10A. Many thousands of these systems have been sold and we have not had a single customer return them or express any dissatisfaction with the performance. Our systems measure temperature and pressure to 3% accuracy and do not require the tire to be removed to replace batteries or if a faulty occurs with the sensor. They are also significantly lighter than internally mounted sensors so, unlike the internal sensors, are extremely unlikely to have any effect on wheel balance requiring a rebalancing.

Thanks
Craig

Vinny773

Hi, after two blow outs with Tow Max tires and on the the road i didn't have a choice and ended up with the Dill. The company seems good. Anytime I had issues, Dills customer service are right on it and replace whatever I needed. I am on my second complete kit, monitor, sensors, antenna's, etc. The sensors are in the wheels, which can be a pain if there is issues with the batteries. Still waiting to see how this season goes. Looking forward to see how they work to Goshen this week.

szewczyk_john

TST 507 here for 8 tires and I have had no issues. It has been worth the investment as it has notified me twice about a flat situations which notified me that the tire was going down. In both cases I piked up automotive body screws. I had enough early warning to get off the major highway and change out the tire before anything major happened. Stopped in the next big area to have the tire patched. Once it was a truck tire and once it was a trailer tire.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I have changed from the TST 507 to the Valor which is part of my Key Largo. The Valor is and internal mounted sensor strapped to inside of rim. Internal monitors give a more accurate temp which is your crucial monitoring point. I am happy with the Valor and was also happy with TST system just changed due to new unit came with Valor. But my research convinced me that the internal mounted sensors give more reasons to go that way. Balance, theft and accuracy.

dave10a

Another disadvantage of the stem mounted units is most need a RF range extender for longer trailers. Also it is hard to understand how the stem units measure temperature inside the tire accurately. Temperature allows one to see problems before they become a disaster. Most OTR trucks use the inside monitors for accuracy and temperature monitoring. My unit is a Valor that came with the trailer and after using it for over 15,000 miles, I found it much better that the stem units I had on my utility trailers.