What's wrong with this picture?

ParkIt

First picture is door to the commode, second is to the laundry closet, both doors are right next to each other. Something ain't right. ;)
may 20 409.jpgmay 20 410.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The latch in the second photo is facing the wrong direction based on the swing of the door. You should be able to remove the handle escutcheons, pull the handle out and then reverse the latch by pulling it out and rotating them. The locking knob should be on the inside so that you don't get surprise guests while on the throne. Same for the other door. Both should have a small hole in the outer handle to insert a small screwdriver or the "special" key to release the lock in case someone accidently locks themself in.

ParkIt

Does someone plan on locking themselves in the closet?
Yes. Me.
Conversation would go something like this:
"Hon, where are you?"
"I'm taking some quiet time."
"Are you in the laundry?"
"Yep"
"Isn't it crowded in there sitting on top of the washer?"
"Kind of but I have great lighting and a pillow."

John, it was something I spotted immediately on delivery and just started cracking up. I'm not changing it either, it makes our "unique" ;)

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If you change your mind, someone else on this forum was complaining that their new NT did not come with a locking bathroom door. Hmmm, did the factory send the wrong hardware to the wrong trailer.....

ParkIt

If you change your mind, someone else on this forum was complaining that their new NT did not come with a locking bathroom door. Hmmm, did the factory send the wrong hardware to the wrong trailer.....
lol, sorry for laughing but that could have been what happened. It was either that or the end of Friday they were installed.

B

BouseBill

well, our 2011 3355 BC has the same set up. Why the laundry room door has a lock on it is beyond me. The "throne" room I can understand, but then it has a key to unlock the room from the outside so if one were to lock themselves in it would only take the key to unlock it LOL

ParkIt

well, our 2011 3355 BC has the same set up. Why the laundry room door has a lock on it is beyond me. The "throne" room I can understand, but then it has a key to unlock the room from the outside so if one were to lock themselves in it would only take the key to unlock it LOL
We didn't get a key. Now I'm wondering why we didn't.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Could be if someone didn't use it as a laundry room but a closet? Kids go into closets all the time to play hide and seek. Maybe Heartland has an abundance of interior locking door handles? Still funny though...

B

BouseBill

Parkit, actually I stand corrected. After posting last night I looked at the door locks on the laundry and "stool" room. I must admit I "assumed" the slot on the outside was for either the entry key or some other. It is neither. merely a slot that any coin or flat blade will open it just looks like a key slot. Now how is that for a lock.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Parkit, actually I stand corrected. After posting last night I looked at the door locks on the laundry and "stool" room. I must admit I "assumed" the slot on the outside was for either the entry key or some other. It is neither. merely a slot that any coin or flat blade will open it just looks like a key slot. Now how is that for a lock.

Well, if that simple key slot wasn't on your toilet door and someone accidently set the lock as they exited, you might be doing either the Whirling Dirvish dance trying to get it open, or doing the Willie Makeit 100 yd. dash to the outhouse. Mrs. Bettie Dont would be filming it.

B

BouseBill

Yessir that was a good one:) I was looking at it more from the security side of the house. Not a very secure location in the event one needed to lock themselves in.

ParkIt

Yessir that was a good one:) I was looking at it more from the security side of the house. Not a very secure location in the event one needed to lock themselves in.
Why would anyone want to lock themselves in the closet? With those hollow doors and small framing anyone can get through them in no time flat.
Guess if I had my "home security" in hand I'd be in the front closet - furthest from the entry point. Maybe someone thought "If we make the laundry lock on the inside and someone breaks in, people can turn on the light in there, lock it and go out the bedroom while the break-in's are still messing with the laundry door".
At that point I'd be asking what kind of brownies they had for lunch ;)