Toilet lid hinge pins coming out

Wrenched

Has anyone had to fix their Thetford Aqua Magic Style II toilet?

When travelling in our new Cyclone 4100, the hinge pins vibrate out. After a couple of hundred miles, I found the lid and seat on the floor in the back bath. The hinge pin in the front is on the floor all the time.

I tap them back in and after an hour on the road out they come. I thought about glueing them, but realized that there needed to be movement between the lid and seat separately.

Has anyone come up with a suitable solution?
We've owned 7 trailers and never had this problem before,...

rgwilliams69

We have the same problem on our 4100. I just keep pushing them back in, haven't come up with a solution yet to keep them from sliding out.

danemayer

Try calling Thetford to see whether they have a fix. 1-800-521-3032. They'll want the toilet model and code from the ID labels.

ncc1701e

Interesting, out 2013 SD3310CL suffers from this condition. I've just been pushing the pins back in every now and then. Been thinking about taking the pins out completely, cleaning and trying some super glue. But I've taken no action yet.

Wrenched

I called Thetford and there has been an upgrade to these seat covers apparently. Armed with the serial #'s (at the back of the commode near the floor) they are sending out 2 new seats and covers for free. I would recommend that anyone with this issue call Thetford at 1-800-521-3032.
I'm pleased to report that I received excellent service.

ParkIt

I called Thetford and there has been an upgrade to these seat covers apparently. Armed with the serial #'s (at the back of the commode near the floor) they are sending out 2 new seats and covers for free. I would recommend that anyone with this issue call Thetford at 1-800-521-3032.
I'm pleased to report that I received excellent service.
Good to hear, I wonder if it will be threaded so it won't vibrate out anymore.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Silly question but would a residential type seat work? We have a Dometic 210 in our Bighorn and use one of them slow close seats. Really fits well and much more comfy.