Table hole plugs?

Mizmary

I hope this isn't too confusing. We have the surfit tables in front of our couch in our cyclone and we almost never use them. The problem is that we are, uh, clumsy. I'm worried someone is going to trip or wrench a foot in the holes that the table legs go in. I've looked for something that would plug them (but come out easily) while we aren't using them. Am I alone and crazy? Has someone found something or made something to plug these up? I am thinking something like an oversized tub plug that is flat on top?

Thanks for all of your help!!

Living large and small at the same time. ;-P

Mizmary

Thanks! I went in to order those today. Thank goodness the parts guy was good. He measured the base and those are. 3.5" diameter holes- ours are 2 1/4" or thereabouts.

I'm thinking of finding carpet remnants and attaching them to cut down closet bars for a seamless look. We will see though. ;-P

Living large and small at the same time. ;-P

taminator

I was thinking about a way to "plug" those holes too bc I doubt we'll ever use the tables. Did you ever get something to cover them? If so, any pictures?

travis_g

are they perfect cylinders or tapered? Sounds like and easy fix for a woodworker with a lathe. :)

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Mizmary

I bought a cheap rug and covered them up. It solves the dirt pileup and the stubbed toe issues.

They are perfect cylinder. So, yes, you could plug them if you have a good lathe. 😋

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Don't really need a lathe. Measure the diameter of the opening and cut disks from wood using a hole saw of the correct size to fit, filling the depth of the hole. Then put a small rug over it.

alex00

We had same issue. Found the caps at Camping World. Go go http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/sequoia-floor-base-cap/57504.

Have you tried those plugs yet? The mating floor brackets that camping world referenced in that link are different than the floor brackets in the cyclones. Ours are a cylindrical hole. The one in the camping world link have a three leaf hole to drop and twist the table leg. I'd really like an option to fill those holes. I don't think I'll ever set up the living room table.