Bathroom - No Towel Bars

donr827

Mine came with a soap dish and TP holder still in their boxes but were not installed at the factory. Dealer said that different owners like these items in different places on the wall. He asked me where I wanted them and it took him around five minutes to do the job. Look around in the bathroom cabinet and see if you see them or ask the dealer to install them. There has been a lot of threads about hanging towel options. Might try doing a search and see the options that different owners have used to solve the towel rack problem. We use a rack that hangs over the bathroom door.
Don

ParkIt

Same with ours, it had the inexpensive soap, toilet paper and toothbrush holder (?) in plastic bags shoved way back of the bathroom sink cupboard. There are two hook types installed over the commode for towels but that's it and its an odd place since you'd have to walk out of the shower to the commode to get them.
I bought a hardware matching over the door rack for the towels and a command strip for a towel rack on the metal of the shower close to the wall, nearest to the bathroom sink and same for the kitchen sink. It makes no sense to not have at least one towel rack by each sink.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The 2 open walls in the bathroom of our Cyclone both have pocket doors so using screws for towel racks is not an option. I'm not real excited with using two-sided tape so, for now, bath towels live on plastic hangers in the bedroom closet.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our last 3 campers came with a bag that had the toothbrush holder and tp holder but we didn't like them so a trip to home depot was instore. We bought fixtures that matched the faucets.

ILH

We use over-the-door towel bars that hold up to three towels. Not the best solution, but it works. If its sunny outside, I always dry my towels on the chairs first thing in the morning anyway.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Bed bath and beyond has free standing toilet paper holders and they hold 3 extra rolls of paper. They also have a over the door towel rack I have both and really like them. They have different styles and colors.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The reason they are not mounted is to give the new owner the option of placement. We opted to buy a free standing tp holder and an over the door towel rack.

Theresau

We put in a towel rack, hook, and small towel ring near the sink and opted for the free standing tp holder. I wish that Heartland would have available studs for the racks...hoping for the best regarding the towel racks (walls were hollow).

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Our Big Horn did not come with any either. I added a towel bar under the cabinet over the toilet, and bought a stand alone TP stand that fits in the corner between the two doors. I also added a glass floating shelf between the sink and the medicine cabinet. If your worried about the glass coming out of the bracket, don't. the roads I have to drive on to get to a hard road could be use as suspension testing grounds.

TexAndLinda

For those that are talking about hollow walls and screws, I found another post that mentioned using a "Rivet Gun" to attach things to walls in trailers.

boatdoc

If Heartland put up towel bars, some one would complain it isn't in the right place so I think they do the right thing by not having any!!

ParkIt

For those that are talking about hollow walls and screws, I found another post that mentioned using a "Rivet Gun" to attach things to walls in trailers.
You'd still have to watch those pocket doors if there are any in your future unit. Other than that it could work out pretty well.

mixie57

I purchased an 18" towel bar and cut the bar to fit. Works great.
I used normal hollow wall anchors to secure it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

priorguy

My North Trail came with a TP holder but had to install it. Let me decide where I want it (or DW). I also use the over the door towel rack for a family of 4 and hand towel bar on the cabinet door under the sink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's our solution to hanging towels. The towel rack on the shower door came from our TT (had a standard door with large gap at top. The one under the cabinet is a standard length, with the bar cut down to fit and it's hung using long machine bolts through the base of the cabinet. The towel ring over the lavatory sink is mounted with a plastic molly. If you LIFT the towel, rather than pull it off, it won't pull the anchor out of the wall. In the kitchen, we use towel holders that sit on top of the cabinet doors. They'd work in the bath, too.

As far as the TP, we use a stand for it and keep spare rolls in a canister near the throne. The stand helps since we can tuck it under a towel on the shower door and prevent Max from dragging it all over the rig or sinking his fangs into it. Cat's got a thing about TP.

View attachment 27994View attachment 27995View attachment 27996View attachment 27997