water leak - taking underbelly down

I have water leaking from the bottem of my GodenGate at the steps. After a lot of searching, when I look through the slide doors in the storage compartment I can see water dripping, but can not tell where it is coming from.
It looks like I will need to drop the underbelly. It looks like the front section is screwed on, os it should not be a problem, but can any one tell me the best way to drop the back section.

Any info would be a great help.

Thanks
Jerry

jpmorgan37

Jerry;
The first thought that comes to mind is the door side faucet where the spray nozzle connects. Go to the UDC and turn the water off to that faucet, both hot and cold and see if it stops. If it does, take out the screws that hold it into place and check the fittings in behind it. Hope that's it because it's an easy fix.

John

Pulltab

The back half of the underbelly is a bear due to being fitted around the axles and the jacks. You can get it out but probably not in 1 piece by yourself. When I took mine off I had to cut it in half right in front of the axles and drop the front half. The rear was difficult to get out but doable. Having said that do what JP suggested and remove the basement wall and locate the drip. Could very well be a loose fitting. Chances are you do not need to drop the bottom. You could quite possibly cut a 3 sided access hole thru the plastic and also the foil backed bubble wrap, and let the water drain out. Then you can tape the hole back closed. I used some eternabond tape and it has held great but there are some other tapes designed for plastic. There really is nothing in the underbelly that can be damaged with the exception of possibly rusting the beams if you do not get it out.

I think you will find this a quick fix without dropping the bottom. Good luck and let us know what you find.

I have turned the water off but it did not stop, it only stopped after I drained the fresh water tank. Luckly we do not need to use it now.

We are moving tomorrow so I will be working on it on Monday.

The idea of cutting a hole sounds like a good one.

Thanks
Jerry

Pulltab

I think that probably refers to the tubing itself. Kind of like guaranteeing that a concrete block will still be concrete after 30 years. :)

sgtbigb

Water Leak

Most plumbing companies only guarantee the material but Tuffpex actually guarantee a leak free connection because of specially designed air tool and clamping system. This virtually allows a continuos water line system thoughout the Bighorn eliminating joints and possibilty of water leaks.

These are thier words not mine. I would check first see if this is not a warranty issue:confused: