20 Ton Hydraulic Bottle Jack on sale at Northern Tools for $34.99 for 2013 Memorial Weekend Sale

scottyb

That's exactly the jack I bought last year. Free in-store delivery if you have a Northern Tools near you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Using a 20 ton jack makes lifting your trailer a whole lot easier than using a 6 ton.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've got Ground Control jacks. Don't need no stinkin' bottle jacks. But I do have a 12 ton, from days past.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
why would u need a 20 ton jack ? u pickin semis up?

We have two 12 ton. Used them to change a tire, lifting from the frame per Lippert, one on either side of the wheels, was easy-as-pie, no worries at all.

We also use them sometimes as "poor man's Level-Up" on either side in front of the front tires, just adds stability and takes the bounce out.

Only down-side they are heavy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I choose to not carry that extra weight. I've never needed anything more than the 6 ton. Weighs 11 lbs.

EandJ

I know it would be a bit of overkill, but could a pair of these double as stabilizers? Instead of screw jacks? Would there be any problem with leaving them snugged up for a week or so while camping?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I know it would be a bit of overkill, but could a pair of these double as stabilizers? Instead of screw jacks? Would there be any problem with leaving them snugged up for a week or so while camping?
Definitely overkill plus an extra 40 lbs to haul with you. You can buy 4 camper jacks to help stabilize and a good set of chocks should keep you pretty steady.

EandJ

Definitely overkill plus an extra 40 lbs to haul with you. You can buy 4 camper jacks to help stabilize and a good set of chocks should keep you pretty steady.
q

I was also thinking they could be used if I got a flat on the trailer and had to change a tire. Wouldn't have to carry a floor jack which would weigh even more. Was trying to kill two birds with one stone.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

That's what we've done. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/29731-Po-man-s-6-point-leveling?highlight=Bottle+jack

Works pretty well!

And the two jacks, (on one side of the coach) on either side of the set of tires -- lifting the frame, made a very safe lift for changing the tire... DH and I work jacks simultaneously.

EandJ

That's what we've done. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/29731-Po-man-s-6-point-leveling?highlight=Bottle+jack

Works pretty well!

And the two jacks, (on one side of the coach) on either side of the set of tires -- lifting the frame, made a very safe lift for changing the tire... DH and I work jacks simultaneously.

That's along the lines what I was thinking.

Went ahead and ordered 2 of them. Shipped to local store for free that I drive by daily on way home from work. Plus I am on their mailing list so every three months or so I get coupons in the mail. Saved another $10 off since the order was over $50. That made them $29.99 each. Not bad.

Now I've got two more things marked off my "To Get" list.