Genesis GT-2.0 Subwoofer & Remote Code Questions

LarryNV

I want to install a subwoofer (from my home) in my BC to see if it makes any difference prior to purchasing a new subwoofer. The Genesis GT-2.0 has 2 wires to install a subwoofer (Green - A Room SUBwoofer (+) and Green/Black - A Room SUBwoofer (-).

How do I attach the two speaker wires to run to the subwoofer to the Green - A Room SUBwoofer (+) and Green/Black - A Room SUBwoofer (-) ? Do I just attach the 2 speaker + wires to the Green - A Room SUBwoofer (+) and attach the 2 speaker - wires to the Green/Black - A Room SUBwoofer (-) ?

Also, is there a Remote Code for the Genesis GT-2.0 that can be used with a DirecTV Remote to control the volume on the Genesis GT-2.0?

danemayer

I haven't hooked up speakers in quite a long time, but as I recall, if the polarity is reversed, they work but sound slightly wrong.

For Directv codes, I'd suggest calling Directv or visiting their technical support site. I'd guess it's a longshot that there's a code.

Theresau

I feel like saying "duh" as it came to me today that all I had to do was hook up the TOS optical from the TV to the Genesis to use the Genesis from any source that is hooked up to the TV. (This is the way we have our Pioneer system set up at home but through an HDMI cable in lieu of the TOS optical.)

I just did this and it worked like a charm - no longer any reason to hook up individual devices to the Genesis as I had started to do.

What's nice about this set up is that if you don't want to use the Genesis you can just use the TV speaker - leave the Genesis off.

Now I need to find a way to get codes so that we can control the Genesis volume outside of the small Genesis remote control or Genesis itself.

Add on to original message: I've done further analysis - not all TVs will work with this configuration. The two I've done it with are both Samsungs.

Theresa

Last edited:

Theresau

Received the matching subwoofer but there are no instructions. Will need to add speaker wire as well. Which wire goes where?