Apollo 1/2 Time Oven not working

NorthCal Bob

My 1/2 Time Apollo oven will run for about 3 to 5 sec then shuts off, this started after we hit some rough roads on our trip last year, any hint as to what it may be. It is installed in a Bighorn 3055rl. Would replace it with just a microwave unit but don't know what manufacture or model would fit with the same beauty ring and look original.

wdk450

Bob:
This one goes back a ways for me, as I remember having this in my warranty year, and it being a common problem with NEW half time ovens. I got mine swapped out under warranty for this problem by my dealer. I don't recall what the source of the problem was.
I believe that these ovens for RV's are no longer available, the vendor was Midwest Sales, who still has a phone number listed on the left side of this website's "Portal" page.
If you want to drive in to Sacramento from Ione, there is a company called "Microwave Service Center" on Auburn Blvd in the I-80/Madison area that has serviced my oven once. When I worked at the Medical Center, we jobbed out all of our microwave oven calls to them.

Garypowell

We had a 2008 3055 with convection micro combination that went south just before we sold it. I did not find that maker but went to a discount appliance place and picked up a conv/micro for about $100 and it fit perfectly.

The only problem is your HL built in has an exhaust fan that HL attaches to the top of the box and is automatically turned on when you use the unit. That is what's blowing in your face.

I was able to remove this blower system and simply installed into the cabinet with a separate switch so when we used the unit in convection mode we would flip on the blower. When in convection mode a lot of heat is thrown off of the unit.

It worked great and probably still does....but for someone else.

There are six screws that hold in the front plate (behind little plastic filler pieces) and then there is a locking device of some sort holding the old unit in place. That system did not work with the new unit.

Once I was done you would never know to see it that it was not original.....I had to show the dealership at trade in.