TPMS on the new Landmarks

Hello, well we just ordered our first Heartland product, Landmark San Antonio. Needless to say we are quite excited. My question is what brand and model number is the TPMS that comes with the full timers option on the new landmarks. I can't seem to find any information about them. any help will be most appreciated.

thanks,

Ben

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
It is a system made by Valor. Just look them up on the internet. I have them on my new Landkark and I am happy with them so far. They are mounted inside of the wheels so there is no visible device to worry about or throw off your wheel balance. http://www.valortpms.com/

Last edited:

murry135

Interesting reading I have this system on my new 2013 Key Largo. Called Valor regarding short antenna line and they sent one right out to me also the representative called me and spoke to me about a few other questions I had about outside placement and weather conditions. He assured me the product will last through all conditions if properly installed. The rep then went on to give me his cell phone number to call anytime I have a question or problem. Looks like this system offers more protection and alerts than my other brand TPMS. Let's hope I never need to see it in action other than monitor mode. Nice customer service.

KiwiRVer

I attended the Rally seminar on the Valor TPMS system and cannot say that I was impressed. It seems to be very limited in terms of alarm conditions (2 as opposed to 8 on our system) and requires an external antenna that needs to be run to the back of the truck.

We have never had a customer advise us that they have lost an external sensor nor have we ever been advised that a customer required a rebalance of the wheel following installation of our 0.3oz sensors.

The system also seems to be limited to monitoring the 4 trailer tires and cannot be extended to the truck. The in-cab display is large and is not portable.

I am, of course, biased but I listened carefully to what was being said by the Valor rep and believe I am accurately representing the system as it was described at the seminar.

danemayer

I attended the Rally seminar on the Valor TPMS system and cannot say that I was impressed. It seems to be very limited in terms of alarm conditions (2 as opposed to 8 on our system) and requires an external antenna that needs to be run to the back of the truck.

We have never had a customer advise us that they have lost an external sensor nor have we ever been advised that a customer required a rebalance of the wheel following installation of our 0.3oz sensors.

The system also seems to be limited to monitoring the 4 trailer tires and cannot be extended to the truck. The in-cab display is large and is not portable.

I am, of course, biased but I listened carefully to what was being said by the Valor rep and believe I am accurately representing the system as it was described at the seminar.

The Valor documentation and website information seem to be at odds with some of the points made in post #5. For those looking at TPMS systems, it's always a good idea to get firsthand information as well as opinions from those actually using the system.

porthole

Retired
Looking at the instructions if appears an add on box is required to show the truck, otherwise ups are limited to 3 axles.

Like - you can scroll an axle at a time instead of 1 tire at a time.

Dislike - limited setting for alarms. 20% of my "baseline" would have been a 30 psi drop before alarming with my recent cracked rim issue. 85 psi instead of my set alarm of 105.

Also, unless I missed something, the sensors do not support H rated 125psi tires. The GY 114's will probably be the only tire I will ever run with 5th wheel.

KiwiRVer

The Valor documentation and website information seem to be at odds with some of the points made in post #5. For those looking at TPMS systems, it's always a good idea to get firsthand information as well as opinions from those actually using the system.

I am more than happy to be corrected if I am wrong but I was at the seminar and took notes and this was what I took away from it.

I would also like to make the general point that factory fitted options are often (usually?) far more expensive than having the same options fitted either by the dealer or other third parties. For example I saved almost $1000 by having the second airconditioner on my Big Country fitted by another RV dealer as opposed to selecting it as an option when I bought it. In some cases better systems are available at lower prices as aftermarket accessories.

murry135

It is my understanding from a conversation with Valor that I can add both of my dually TV axles, front and rear to my factory installed Valor system. All I need to do is purchase the chips and plug them in and then sync to unit and vehicle location. I was also happy with another brand,TST, but I now have Valor and am happy with them. So, "To each's own," as to what they prefer.