Headed for Alaska

jagiv

Hey, NY HOC'ers:

Some of you know Pat and I will be missing the NY Chapter Rally this year because we are headed to Alaska. If you are interested in following us Pat will be blogging at http://Patriciagaines.wordpress.com. Have fun at the Rally and we hope to see you next year.

Farewell from the UP of MI.

John

alaska dodge

Hey, NY HOC'ers:

Some of you know Pat and I will be missing the NY Chapter Rally this year because we are headed to Alaska. If you are interested in following us Pat will be blogging at http://Patriciagaines.wordpress.com. Have fun at the Rally and we hope to see you next year.

Farewell from the UP of MI.

John

Pat and John
Enjoy your trip to Alaska, I have just left after 10 years up there. When you get to Destruction Bay, Yukon Canada to Tok Alaska the road is extremely bad(lots of pot holes and frost heaves) I was only able to go 20-30 in spot an I never went over 40 because I like my rig. You will see a lot of wildlife so have your camera ready. The RV parks are open. Have a safe trip and have fun.

Bill & Katherine

2013 Cyclone 4100
2012 Dodge Megacab 3500 Dually, 6.7L max tow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jagiv

Thanks, Bill and Katherine.

We are doing that section of the AH on the way back in Aug., so maybe it will be better. We will be doing the Klondike and Top of the World on the way up, with our group. Our wagonmasters will have just done that section the month before so will know what the conditions are.

Where do you travels take you now?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
John
Good luck on your trip to Alaska. I will be looking at this thread and your blog. You started from Gorton, NY and went into a small section of Canada then back into the US. Is that correct??

Also are you using the free version of wordpress??

BC

alaska dodge

Thanks, Bill and Katherine.

We are doing that section of the AH on the way back in Aug., so maybe it will be better. We will be doing the Klondike and Top of the World on the way up, with our group. Our wagonmasters will have just done that section the month before so will know what the conditions are.

Where do you travels take you now?

We are heading to Oregon now

Bill & Katherine

2013 Cyclone 4100
2012 Dodge Megacab 3500 Dually, 6.7L max tow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jagiv

Hi, Bill & Katherine,

We plan a quick swing through WA and OR on our way back before we head to Glacier NP. We have now crossed into northern MN just west of Duluth. At a lunch stop in Iron River, WI our waitress told us she lived in Alsaka for 6 years while her husband was in the service. She said there were 4 local rigs that were caravanning to AK from Iron River. The cashier at this restaraunt had also lived in AK.

Safe travels,

John

aatauses

We came up last May to workamp, had a great time and decided to store the Rv and stay the winter. It has been fun and you will enjoy the trip. If you are touring the Kenai, stop in at the Diamond M RV park in Kenai, we may still be here.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

Hogladyrider

Excited for you, will be following your blog......you are living my dream...someday.
Safe and Happy Travels.
Susan

jagiv

We came up last May to workamp, had a great time and decided to store the Rv and stay the winter. It has been fun and you will enjoy the trip. If you are touring the Kenai, stop in at the Diamond M RV park in Kenai, we may still be here.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

We finish our caravan 7/30 in Kenai and then move (slightly) to Soldotna for two days. If you are still at Diamond M then we may try to connect. We cross into Canada tomorrow.

John

jagiv

Excited for you, will be following your blog......you are living my dream...someday.
Safe and Happy Travels.
Susan

Thanks for your good wishes, Susan. We have already encountered several people along the way that want to know if we have room for one more. Hold on to your dream!

John

TXBobcat

Fulltime
John.. I have been reading your thread and blog. It is very intresting. Is there a possibility you would enter the name of the cities where you are staying or visiting. We would like to visit some of them also but can't seem to follow your trek very well.

Hope you are having a great time.

BC

jagiv

John.. I have been reading your thread and blog. It is very intresting. Is there a possibility you would enter the name of the cities where you are staying or visiting. We would like to visit some of them also but can't seem to follow your trek very well.

Hope you are having a great time.

BC

Hi, BC.

On Pat's blog ( http://Patriciagaines.wordpress.com ) there are links on the lower right to both maps of our trip and our itinerary. I believe you need a gmail address to request viewing rights to the itinerary, but if you have a gmail address and click on that link it will send me a request to grant you access to the itinerary. I will get the request and when I get the message I will give you access.

Having a good time (and beautiful weather) here in Winnipeg before moving west.

Hope you are well.

John

TXBobcat

Fulltime
John
I received your email and was able to access the itinerary. I will keep checking your updates. It looks great.... Did you make reservations for many of those that have what looks like confirmation numbers in the last column...??

BC

jagiv

John
I received your email and was able to access the itinerary. I will keep checking your updates. It looks great.... Did you make reservations for many of those that have what looks like confirmation numbers in the last column...??

BC

We started out with reservations, but tonight at are at a c/g we did not reserve. We were careful to reserve with Parks Canada for Banff and Jasper because they can quickly fill up. All reservations have been made for the Alaska Discovery RV Tour portion if the trip. We will probably do more reservations when we see the c/g's get busier.

Hope this helps, BC.

John

jjwink

We went to Alaska following the Heartland Int two years ago. We loved it and highly recommend it to everyone. Ours was a caravan of 19 rigs-3 of them single ladies! We left Goshen in mid June , traveled west to Chicago, through the WI dells, South Dakota , Mont and on to Glacier Natl Park. Our group met July 10 in Dawson Creek to begin our 31 day tour of The Great Circle ending in Whitehorse. We returned to our home in TN via Vancouver, Seattle, Cheyene, KS and points south. Roads were very good, food excellent although pricey, fuel always available and scenery spectacular! So go, go, go. It is truly the trip of a lifetime. We would like to go again sometime after we see all the lower 50 and we only have the northeast to complete that. Look forward to reading all about your adventure.

Mizmary

Jjwink that sounds like so much fun. I can't wait for the hubby to be done with the navy so we can do that!!!! :-D

aatauses

Enjoy your trip. Several have mentioned blogs---since we left last May, stored RV for the winter and are still here, feel free to check our blog with travels and pictures, www.atauses.blogspot.com
al
currently in Kenai, AK