ATF: Road Warrior - Just Brought Road Warrior Home

Outside ladder is missing screws and unstable. Is it attached to 2x4's?
Also, the speakers in the garage area are not working, where do the wires to these speakers run? Through the floor? so we can figure out whats wrong.

I had this wrong about the speakers... the speakers in the garage area work with the radio.. it is the speakers in the living area that are not working. Do they maybe only work with the DVD player or remote? Does anyone know. We are still learning.

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi Harleybabe,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Hopefully another RW owner can give you some guidance on the speakers. The ladder might best be dealt with by dealer service.

porthole

Retired
Outside ladder is missing screws and unstable. Is it attached to 2x4's?
Also, the speakers in the garage area are not working, where do the wires to these speakers run? Through the floor? so we can figure out whats wrong.

I had this wrong about the speakers... the speakers in the garage area work with the radio.. it is the speakers in the living area that are not working. Do they maybe only work with the DVD player or remote? Does anyone know. We are still learning.

Did you try the fader on the radio?

SMDAT

Hey Harleybabe,

Our RW 30C surround speakers in the living area only work off the DVD player...TV sound thru the TV speakers only : ) Use garage stereo for both outdoor and garage area speakers. Hope this helps!

danemayer

it is the speakers in the living area that are not working. Do they maybe only work with the DVD player or remote?
Hi Harleybabe,

The speakers for the sound system work with the DVD player for watching DVDs, listening to the radio (if it has that function), and for listening to anything else that is connected into the sound system. Adding a cable from the TV audio out to the sound system audio in is something you can probably do yourself. It depends on what type of output connectors are on the TV and what type of input connectors are on the sound system. You can usually determine the connections by looking at the manuals.

If you don't have your manuals, you may find online versions in the manuals section of the forum. Here's a link. If your make/model is not there, post the details and I'll see if I can find a copy to add to the forum.

You might also find our RV Audio Connections Illustrated Guide to be helpful.

Jeffmac

RW 305 new owner and loving it. Garage stereo also supplies outside speakers. How do I shut off outside speakers so I can have morning coffee without disturbing people. I've pushed every button on the supersonic remote Jeff

danemayer

Hi Jeffmac,

Congratulations on your new Road Warrior and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Not knowing which sound system you have makes it something of a guess, but if you have a Genesis Audio System, take a look at your remote control and see if there is a set of buttons near the top marked A, B, C. I think they control which room's speakers are in use.

If you have something else and can't locate the manual in your pouch of user manuals, we have a pretty extensive set here on the forum at this link.

HornedToad

Did you try the fader on the radio?
My Jayco trailer had a Jensen that had the ABC speaker control. To control the speakers on the radio/DVD in my Heartland trailer you use the front to rear fader. Front is inside, rear is outside and balanced plays both.

TravisJen

Our outside speakers are controlled by the fade between front and rear. Front being outdoor and rear being indoor. Your system may be different but just an idea.

Lou_and_Bette

Harleybabe and Jeffmac, in our RW there are two small black rocker switches right above the stereo face plate. One switch controls the speaker operation to the garage/outside speakers and when in the half-way position turns both off. The other switch controls the living room speakers...either on or off.