Cleaning of RV Carpet

57chevyconvt

I need to clean the carpet in my RV, mostly the find power residue from last years trip to Alaska and some recent muddy shoes. I hesitate in using an aggressive
carpet cleaner with water. Is there something on the market that I can sprinkle on the carpet and vacuum up the residue and dirt?

olcoon

There is a product out there that you can sprinkle on the carpet & vacuum up. I used it when I was single, but I really don't know how well it works. Basically it will deodorize the carpet & leave it & the room smelling good. I bought it at Wally World.

If you are going to the rally in Goshen, Jim is arranging for someone to come in & clean carpets.

donr827

On my previous trailer I had a rug cleaning company come to the cg we were staying at and clean our carpet. The rug came out clean with no damage to the rug. The cg owner recommended the company to us. The charge was $70.
Don

pegmikef

I use my home Bissel carpet cleaner and their cleaning fluid on mine and it works very well. I tested a small area first. No problems and mine uses hot water, but sucks it up immediately leaving the surface of the rug only slightly damp which is completely dry in an hour.

Lance & Jo

I rent a cleaner once a year to do ours works well for us and only takes about a day to get good and dry. First time was the biggee (first owners had small kids) and now that food prices are on the rise I probably would have been better off to have just planted it in sweet corn!

57chevyconvt

I can relate to the rise in food prices. Maybe I should plant the corn and forget about cleaning the carpet. Ha! Ha!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We bought a Hoover carpet cleaner several years ago. We use it regularly in the RV and at home. Does a great job and don't have to worry about renting one.

jimtoo

I use "McCulloch MC-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner". It is convenient to use.

Hi kevinyount958,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Do you have a Heartland unit or someother brand? Just asking, hoping we can get you in a Heartland if it's someother. :)

Does that cleaner leave the carpet very wet?

Jim M