Hot Water Heater not working

The Suburban hot water heater on our 2012 Landmark has stopped working on electricity, again. The reset relay on the tank (under the rubber reset box) has burnt out with visible signs of over heating. Any suggestions.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You may still be under warranty. If you are call a service person. Remember some items have more than a one year warranty. Check your paperwork.

TXTiger

I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014. My one year warranty ended on May 14th. My hot water heater stopped working on electricity while at the Gettysburg rally on the 19th. When I got to Cherry Hill Camp Ground in Washington DC I had a mobil repair come out and install a new relay for $135.00. The hot water heater has a 2 year warranty so I have to contact Sunbeam for a reimbursement.

danemayer

The Suburban hot water heater on our 2012 Landmark has stopped working on electricity, again. The reset relay on the tank (under the rubber reset box) has burnt out with visible signs of over heating. Any suggestions.

Hi ramblinroy,

If the thermostat failed to shut off power when the target temperature was achieved, after the temp climbs to a dangerous level the Emergency/Electrical Cutoff (ECO) on the thermostat assembly opens. Normally, pressing the reset button will restore operation. But from your description, it sounds more like there's permanent damage to the thermostat/ECO.

I'm wondering if anything else in the trailer is malfunctioning. What you're describing sounds more like a high voltage surge, or 220V damage.

In any event, if it's just a thermostat/ECO failure, our Water Heater Troubleshooting Guide may be of help. One thing to note: on page 7, I've been told that the 110V thermostat is actually on the left side and the 12V thermostat on the right side.