Black and gray tanks backing up

Princess Kathleen

Need some help....
We have been draining and flushing as recommended on this forum...but the shower (gray) and black tank are not working well. The shower takes for ever to drain when bathing. And this morning, the toliet wants to back up.
We flushed the tanks yesterday with no problems...so clean tanks....but after this morning's constitutionals....seem to have a problem. DH has probed the toliet, but to no avail.....we can't flush the Luv Shak because we have no sewer hook up.

Can someone give advice???????

Pulltab

Kathleen, be sure to use plenty of water when doing #2 or else it doesn't make it into the tank but the bottom of the pipe. Maybe try filling the bowl and dump it to see if that breaks it loose. Not sure why the grey would be draining slow unless just a gradual buildup of hair in the drain pipe. Perhaps pick up a snake at the hardware store and run down the drain.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We've had slow shower draining before and have used the draino gel stuff as directed on the label. Works wonders. For the Black tank, like Pulltab says you need plenty of water. Best bet is to get to a sewer site and hook up the flusher and let er run for a couple hours. Make sure the black valve is open and flowing. We use a clear connector and flush till clean water is coming thru Every time we flush. Good Luck.

jpmorgan37

PK;
We had another camper in the park with the same black tank situation. I took a water hose and put it down through his toilet opening, turned the water on full and kept pushing the hose down. He had a blockage in his pipe and that broke it loose. It was fine after that.
John

Princess Kathleen

So thanks again forum....we will be at a sewer hookup Monday...thank goodness there is a restroom 3 lots down...now just to plan our trips....
When we get to the next campsite....we will try the flush thing

madigand

I agree about the flush king. I use it and am really amazed at what reverse flushing gets out. I also use it to flush out the galley tank and all the crud that grows in there. DW wipes all before washing and we use Dawn dish soap. It looks pretty nasty coming out after back flushing

tdharley

I also believe in every other trip, dumping in a couple of bags of ice and a bottle of water softener.

The ice knocks down all the solids off the sidewalls while driving, the softener smells good and treat the tanks.