Floors squeaks.

Brandon

I have question the floor in the bedroom between the chest of draws and closet just started squeaking when walked on. Is there something I can do to fix it. Thanks, Brandon

ParkIt

Welcome Brandon,
There are quite a few folks that might have an answer though it would be helpful if you tell us what year and type of Heart Land you have.
Do you have the washer/dryer space in the front? Have you checked the storage underneath to see if it looks saggy?
A lot depends on the age and use, please let us know.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Brandon, are you still covered by the warranty? You might contact Heartland customer service and have them make note of it, so that you can get it into service when convenient for you, rather than disrupting your enjoyment of it in the middle of camping season.

That said, it may be happening because of the change in weather. We discovered a squeak in our living room, but once at the dealer 3 mo later, they could not recreate it. Seems it's a seasonal squeak! We just live with it. Ours appears in the cooler months.

Erika

Pizzaguy

The floor can be fixed. We had our 3585 in last fall for some minor warranty issues, and that was one of them. Ours had a bad squeak between the bed and closet. Dealer contacted Heartland and got a diagram of where the aluminum braces are underneath the plywood. They ran a few screws from the top down into the braces and that cured the problem.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Brandon, I have the same model and year BH and have no floor squeaks. I am gonna have to agree with Erika and suggest you contact Heartland and get it repaired

Rod

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When our 2009 BH3670 developed what I mentioned to the dealer as a floor squeak in that area, it ended up being a fairly large warranty fix of the front end. Get it to your dealer before the warranty expires and get it looked at and documented. Do you feel a ridge under the carpet?

olcoon

With all that said, you can fix it if it's just a squeak. You'll have to ask about them, I don't really remember exactly what they are called, but they are "break away" screws, that you can screw into a floor joist at the squeak, then break off the head of the screw. It leaves no sign of the "fix" and no more squeak. The big box stores should have them. Hope this helps. We've got a squeak in the step going into the bedroom that I keep meaning to do this to, but just haven't found a "round tuit".

wal_mart

We had same squeaks in bedroom. I went to xxxx and got some plastic shims and drove them in the area between floor and vertical metal frame area in basement. the floor flexed when walking on, hitting the metal.