Found New 2011 North Trail T22- Looking to buy Pros vs Cons

wb2nco

Anyone have this trailer North Trail T22? We have a new 2011 T22 in our area. How is it? Pros/ Cons? We are past Jayco owners looking for a bigger camper.

danemayer

Hi wb2nco,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I don't have a North Trail, but if you're looking at a new 2011, you ought to be able to get a great deal. Look on the frame for the manufacturing label that shows date of manufacture. If it's been on the lot for a few years, you should inspect very closely for signs of water intrusion. Caulking is supposed to be checked multiple times per year and this trailer may never have been checked or re-caulked. Even if everything looks ok, you might want to ask the dealer to recaulk the entire trailer.

pegmikef

I have a 2011 NT and have add it for two years and the only issues I have had with it in about 18 K miles were with the tires. Everything else has worked very well with no failures, leaks or any other problems. Mine is a different model, but I think it attests to the quality of all the North Trails. If you get a good price (considering the 2014 model year has started) go for it. I would be wary of the tires though, since it has been sitting for a couple of years in the weather with them probably unprotected.

wb2nco

Good to know folks! We put a down payment and we're ready to go. Any thoughts on the separated wide axles? How's the towing different than the traditional axles?

Manzan

The wide tracks tow really well! This our third hardside trailer and tows the best by far (and have used the same hitch for all three).

mbopp

The only issue I have with the wide track axles is the tires scuffing in a hard turn. That, and coming up with a set of wheel chocks.

pegmikef

The only issue I have with the wide track axles is the tires scuffing in a hard turn. That, and coming up with a set of wheel chocks.

I bought the bal X-Chocks for the wide trax, which I will soon be putting up for sale because they won't fit the rig we just ordered. I figure I will sell them both for the price of one.

wb2nco

We are now proud owners of the T22 as of last week! First trip camping was great! One question, Our T22 came with a manual that applied to multiple Heartland trailers non specific to the T22. Are we missing something here? I would assume that each Heartland would come with an owners manual specific to the model purchased?

danemayer

We are now proud owners of the T22 as of last week! First trip camping was great! One question, Our T22 came with a manual that applied to multiple Heartland trailers non specific to the T22. Are we missing something here? I would assume that each Heartland would come with an owners manual specific to the model purchased?
Hi wb2nco,

The Heartland manual is generic but you should have also received a bunch of other manuals that cover the 3rd party appliances and subsystems. Those are usually pretty specific.

We (Heartland owners) have been augmenting the generic manual by writing user guides and troubleshooting guides. Some are done, others will hopefully be done before too long. With all of the variations in models, floorplans within each model, differences in vendors, it's pretty challenging to create guides that cover everything in detail accurately for everybody. You might take a look at what we've done so far to see if it helps with some of your unanswered questions. Here's a link to the user guides, and here's a link to the troubleshooting guides. And if you're missing any appliance or subsystem manuals, we probably have softcopy in the manuals section of the forum.